How do you view your collection...
Satisfied, but would like to add a more.2331.08%
Need to add more.1824.32%
Too many and considering trimming down.34.05%
Being very selective in what I add.3040.54%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been on a serious buying spree these past two months adding models left and right. Really haven't had the chance to enjoy what I have with new boxes coming in daily. Just sitting back and looking at my display cabinets, I can say that I'm pretty much satisfied with my current collection. Granted there is a few more pieces that I have on my wish list, however, I'm not dying for them as I was prior to looking at what I have. :cheers

So how do you ladies and gents view your collection.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Well, at first I didn't really care what I bought, as long as I liked it.

Now, I'm looking at what I buy and what I should think about selling.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Same as you FGT. I am becoming way more selective on what I buy.....but sometimes the spur of the moment purchases do pop up. I am looking at triming some of the excess (ie models that I purchased in the past just for the sake of buying something). I like the current number of models that I have, but want to replace some of the lesser models with high calibre, better thought out purchases.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
DX has definitely made me a better collector is some of my buying decisions. From the knowledge I have acquired here, it now reflects in my collection. Last summer I revamped my collection and got rid of a lot of models, no more buying just to be buying. Now everything I have in my collection is what I like, all of its not high end models, but still items I like.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I'm very content with every car that I have. There really isn't much that I buy on a whim. I've remained focussed on racers for my collection. My only problem is that there is so much more variety in racers within the 1:43 scale and I don't really want to branch off there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I too dabbled with the thought of adding some 1:43 C5R's to my collection and quickly ran away :giggle

·
Registered
122 Posts
I need to be very selective about what I add. . . already blew my budget for this year. . . plus I have no more space :happy

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I'm pretty pleased with the shape and content of my collection but there is always room for more quality models!!! :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Max Power said:
All of the above for me :giggle
:iagree :lol I thought the same when I first read the choices. I'm happy with what I have (a) but feel guilty having so many so I'm starting to sell some especially those I have more than one color of ( c ) and in doing so free up some display space where I can add a few more (b) being careful to get what I really really want (d) and not because it's a good price or because so and so posted a nice picture of it. :lol Ok, now I'm really confused...

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm very happy with my collection, but I'm very selective on what I should buy or not. I even have some models in my collection that I think don't belong there... :confused

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Of course that the more pieces the merrier, but I don't have a strong enough bank account that can take too many blows at once. So I really am picky about what I buy. And no offense to anyone who likes it, but I think that if you get a truck load of models at once you won't really enjoy any of them. I'm happy as a clam with only one/week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmmm.firstly I'd like to say that I personally view my collection with my eyes. :lol

I'll be unloading some models over the next couple of months to streamline, but for the most part will continue to add as I see fit. I'll be needing a 3rd display case soon(summertime I think) and have approx 24-30 cars on the short-list/pre-order.

Egad!!! Where/when does it stop????? :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i have only got 20 1:18's so i need more of them, i think i am going to start to concentrate on Ferrari though

1 - 20 of 41 Posts