DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How detailed to you detail your models? Do you go inside and out, or do you just try to keep the dust off?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For now, I just clean the out side 1 every 2 weeks & dust every second day. but i want to get that stuff that X has so I don't have to worry about the plastic windows!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clean them when they need it use the 5hp air compressor with a small orfice blowgun :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that wouldn't be a bad idea for getting the dust out of the inside of the car, or even sending the car into flight. :shock: :mrgreen:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Office Depot or Office Mart it's used to dust off computer's the compressor has a regulator so I can set the air pressure way down. no in flight cars. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
When I take them out of the box for the first time, they get a spritzing of The Treatment Final Detail spray wax/cleaner. Then, if they are Exoto, GMP, Minichamps or selected AutoArt, they go into their own plastic display case (usually AutoArt) and they don't get dusty. For my other cars that don't get to live in a clear box, I have a large soft makeup brush that I use to dust the hard to reach places. A can of air (mentioned in previous posts) also works well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to give my cars a good going over now, my cousins little fella had a case of the touches with grubby little baby hands :shock: , but was very good not to maul them to death!
:mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I give all my cars a good coat of wax when they come out of the box. I do some detail painting and use bare metal foil, especially on muscle cars, to detail the chrome window and wheel opening moldings. I use a large soft artist brush for cleaning dust from them as it will reach small areas but won't damage small details like wiper blades, etc.

Ron R

1 - 14 of 14 Posts