DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm placing an order on Wednesday. I 'd like to ask you how good this new model from AutoArt is, because I am thinking of buying it. I mean what about detail, the stance of the car (there was much ado about the front end sitting high), the interior, the wheel and brakes detail and some pictures if available. Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
253 Posts
I really like that model a lot. The detail on it is amazing. The interior is very accurate except for those hard plastic seats. The controls are all marked and it is fully carpeted. The exterior and lights are done well too. I really don't think the front end looks that bad. The tires and brakes are very nice. On my yellow 997, the calipers are painted yellow and the ventilated discs are replecated very nicely. The only problem is the tires aren't marked. Overall, this is a great model. Here are a few pictures I took of it awhile ago.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm happy with mine, although I know some owners have complained about the stance and 'camber' of the wheels.

The Maisto version is meant to be good, but personally I feel that the AUTOart is still the superior product.

(If you want to see more pics, click on my profile and have a look at my photobucket account).

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the silver and I like it a lot. I think the stance is fine, although the camber on the front wheels is a little exagerated (I display mine with the front wheels turned, so you can't tell). The only other complaint that I have is that the third brake light in back is a tampo instead of plastic (but you have to look close to even notice). Very satisfied, will look nice next to AUTOart's CGT!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen a few photos posted of this model.

From those pics it looked like a slight color discoloration between the bumpers and body(plastic/meta). Is that the case with all of them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think lighter metallic colors have that problem the most, I have the silver and you have to look pretty close to notice it. It's not as bad as my silver GT3 which it sits next to. Darker colors and non-metallic colors seem to be OK. If you are worried about it get the yellow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts