If there was a collision, I'd want everyone to die34.35%

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ask this question in regards to model cars. :feedback

G

·
I wouldn't go as far as not buying it because it doesn't have seatbelts. But I do want as much detail as possible especially if its a pricey model.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally, if I'm buying an AUTOart, which I intend to do almost solely from now on, I demand them at that price range.

·
Registered
923 Posts
As G3 said, I wouldn't go so far as not to buy a model because it has poor/no seatbelt detail but really detailed ones that have separate buckles from the belts as you see with AUTOart's and Kyosho's recent models add a really nice touch.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
:iagree Not a big deal if the car doesn't have them, but every bit of extra detail is better :cheers

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
If it doesn't have belts then it's not a deal breaker, but I do like models to have them (as long as the 1:1 had them of course!)

In my 1:1 I'm a "clunk-click" person "for every trip"! Having worked a stint as an A/E doctor I can tell you the difference in injury severity to drivers and passengers without belts compared to those who wore them is pretty shocking. Basically those without are the ones breathing via a tube and a bag on the gurney on arrival, while those who wore their belts are loudly complaining about their bruises and what happened to their nice car having walked into the A/E.

G

·
I'd like my models to have them (for race cars, it's a must), but no biggie if they don't. I'm with Ronan on the 1:1 issue though. I still can't believe the contradiction in the States, though. Every state has a seat belt law, but you can still tool around on a motorcycle without a helmet. Figure that one out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
:lol everyone dies in an accident :happy

seriously, it depends f the real car has it or not. Some older cars never had seatbelts(like the AUTOart miura) so it's ok. Otherwise, if it's a racecar, it's a must have. :cheers

G

·
Usually when I'm looking to buy a model, seatbelts aren't one of the criterias in my purchase decision. If they have them, great, if not no biggie.

As far as the helmet law goes, government and sound judgement have neve made much sense when mixed together. In 15 years of riding, I have never made a ride without a lid. :badidea

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Ronan said:
In my 1:1 I'm a "clunk-click" person "for every trip"! Having worked a stint as an A/E doctor I can tell you the difference in injury severity to drivers and passengers without belts compared to those who wore them is pretty shocking. Basically those without are the ones breathing via a tube and a bag on the gurney on arrival, while those who wore their belts are loudly complaining about their bruises and what happened to their nice car having walked into the A/E.
Funny how that is a certainty.
I'm glad you share my views. Battlefield experience? Probably. Few understand it without seeing the carnage.

G

·
F355spiderMan said:
That last one is funny. I pick that one, but I really don't want everyone to die, just the idiots who don't pay attention to the road.
:lol That's about 75% of the driving population... :giggle

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, the whole helmet law is absolutely retarded. People think they won't smear their gray matter on the highway just because a piece of paper says they don't have to use their brain in the first place. :ranting Oh well, those who ride without one deserve what they get. It's like smoking cigarettes despite all of the research out there about cancer and the like. :cuss ing stooges. As I always say, you gotta be an idiot! :mine

Anywho, if I'm buying a new-mold AUTOart or Kyosho, I demand they have belts, but such is not the case with UTs as they are older.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
LUW said:
Ronan said:
Funny how that is a certainty.
I'm glad you share my views. Battlefield experience? Probably. Few understand it without seeing the carnage.
:iagree :iagree :iagree I've seen the result of a few nasty smashes and it does make me very concious about wearing my belt :cheers

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
It's not necessary for a budget model, but if you go high end, they have to be in the car...you're paying for detail..... :cheers

1 - 20 of 31 Posts