1 year or less...1610.88%
More than 1 year, less than 5 years...3725.17%
5 years or more...3121.09%
10 years or more...3624.49%
Over 15 years...2718.37%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We have a large demographic on DX in various areas, might have to save that for another poll.

As we have collectors with different exerience factors, I'm wondering specifically what is the break down.

I myself am relatively new to the hobby, been collecting for a little less than 4 years now. :happy

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I started collecting back in the early to mid 90's, really can't remember exactly. I wanted to have a car-oriented hobby when I dropped out of active participation in auto racing. My first one's were Nascar-related, and then I branched out into road racers. Now, ten years later, almost 360 cars on display (all 1/18).

Plus, the internet has given me the opportunity to share my fascination with people all over the world, and get their perspective.

Great forum, here, to do that, and thanks for hosting it.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started with Matchbox when I was 5 and collected ever since, I guess that's a bit over 15 years. :giggle :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ibj40 said:
Great forum, here, to do that, and thanks for hosting it.

:cheers
As long as we have collectors such as yourself who are willing to share the knowledge and enjoyment of the hobby, it will be my pleasure :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Semi-seriously for my son in 1998. Added 3 more cars over the next two years. 2003 was the first year I became really serious about collecting. The discovery of eBay was probably the big catalyst. :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DiecastX said:
eBAY has played a big ole in my collecting as well :lol
Same here. I've gone from 2 models to 13 in less than a year. And only one of those 11 was bought from a store. :cool

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been into die-casts since the mid-80s, and though I did not have much cash at that time, I managed to afford a few Bburagos. Anyway, the 1st was in Feb 1984 (!!! 20 years, has it been that long ?!), was a 1/24 Bburago Ferrari 126CK F1 car. I guess F1 and Ferrari does flow in my blood :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I started collecting Husky 1:64 cars in the mid 60's. From there it went to Hot Wheels through the early 70's and then I took a big break (girls, 1:1 cars and so on) although I did continue to build plastic models.
From the early 80's on I would buy stuff once in a while and got started with buying FM and DM in the early 90's.
I just bought a few per year till around 1997 and started going crazy.
I got my first 1:18 whenever Jouef came out with their GT40.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts