$3,000 - $5,000. 3015.00%
$5,000 - $7,500. 136.50%
$7,500 - $10,000. 199.50%
$10,000 - $20,000 2512.50%
$20,000 + 3316.50%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'm cleaning up the Poll Forums and I'm replacing some of the better polls we have had from the old forum as the data calculations are completely wrong.

Last time I looked over my spread sheet, I'm in the 3-4K Range.

Shipping costs are less than 1K range :happy
*edited from 1K

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have no idea. But to guess probably in the 1-2K range.
Shipping; only $24 (seeing that the majority of my cars bought were in stores)

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
DiecastX said:
I'm cleaning up the Poll Forums and I'm replacing some of the better polls we have had from the old forum as the data calculations are completely wrong.

Last time I looked over my spread sheet, I'm in the 3-4K Range.

Shipping costs are less than 1K range :happy
*edited from 1K
Me too.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I made an Excel spreadsheet of my collection which tells me how many 1/18 model I have, how much each one cost me, estimated value, color, brand, and average cost per model.

My current collection is in the 5K to 7k range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm eeking close to $4500, I think. I haven't updated my spreadsheet in a while, but that's just an educated guess. I can tell I'm getting ready to ramp up again though, I've already placed a bid on an item today, so that alone says a lot. Tomorrow, I'll visit the Big Lots, time permitting. I wanna new car!

Edit: It just dawned on me that the poll has a 3-4k range, then a 5k-7500 range. I guess those of us in between don't get to vote. :lol

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Wow, I was updating my spreadsheet with figures between Actual models that I paid for subtracting gifts and calculating sale prices that I received the models for. I actually only paid $2,700 out of my pocket for my $5800 collection!!! :danbanna :danbanna :danbanna :danbanna :danbanna

Grant it that I used some price from eBay to figure current value for some of my models. :cheers

·
Registered
298 Posts
I really dread to think :confused ...looking in a cabinet in the lounge just now, there is £220 in only 6 cars (although 3 of them are AUTOart)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
The last category I'm afraid!!! Not sure how much exactly, but I've been collecting since 1996 and I have over 650 models which at a low average of $40 each (most are more than that!) is $26k plus! :eek:hmy

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I recently calculated that I've spent almost $300 on only 7 Aas and UTs. :nutkick I guess that's the price you pay...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I had to work it out for insurance when we bought our house not long ago & was surprised that it was over to $5500 Aussie Dollars.

When I convert it it works out in the $4000-$5000 range but there is no button for that. DiecastX what are you doing to me.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I added a special rider to my homeowner's insurance coverage, and submitted an inventory and valuation to my carrier of about 320 cars, at about $17,500. I have now added another 25-30 cars in the past year, so I figure I'm inching up to the $20K range, if not a little higher. Need to do inventory for this year's coverage, but afraid to let my wife see it.

But for me, it's not the value (as I cherish my Eagle's GT-40's as much as I would an Exoto), but the memories.

:mine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do they recognize the models as part of the property or an additional tier?

I would love to insure my collection under homeowners coverage. We have varous items insured through FIG, however, when I inquired about a diecast collection, they told me they don't have a rating group for model cars. I could get them insured for a flat rate, however, its either going to over shoot or under shoot the value of the collection and neither of them really serves my purpose.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts