DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after finishing work on Saturday morning i thoght i would 'pop in' to our local Farrari/Maserati dealership to see what diecasts they had in the showroom.
they had the usual Ferrari Hotwheels cars you would expect to see plus a 250LM for only £20GBP(35USD).
so i continued to look at the 1/1 cars and drool.
then i saw in the Maserti showroom a CMC Maserati 250F Fangio car # 2.
for the price of..........................£425 GBP($748 USD) :pullhair.
i purchased standard 250F model from the USA for $199USD (£113 GBP).
it is available in Europe for 169 Euro's.
i guess if you can afford a Ferrari or a Maserati then this amount of money is small change?
i know dealer editions or so called dealer editions can cost a little more but come on :hot
i asked the salesman why are you gharging this much for the car and he asked me how much it was available for ......so i told him the USA and Europe price.........he said best buy it from the States then,as if i was even contemplating buying this car from him at this price. :badidea

it was my first chance to see the Fangio vresion of this car and it is :tongue as you would expect and those that have the non race 250F will know what i mean.
slighly different engine layout in this one though.
thanks for reading :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am sure this is just a case of a dealer charging what they want, especially in a Ferrari dealer too. They are not really selling to collectors like us in my opinion. It should be available as non-dealer at 1/3 of that?

I remember my local MB dealer charging 2.5 times more for the new ML from minichamps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not purchased the 250F because I am waiting to see the Fangio version. I hope this will not be the european asking price. I dont think CMC will shoot the price that much.

Will the Fangio model be a dealer edition for Maserati?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
this one sat on a wood effect plinth and in a plixiglass case Bern.
i have not seen the Fangio version on european sites yet as i said mine is coming from the States.
i'm sure it will be readily available soon..............i hope so :help
i don;t think it will be a dealer only edition.
Bern i've just checked out the site that i got my 250F from.....they have the#2 Fangio car on pre-order for $208 USD.....so i guess it will be available to all.
So have Maserati dealers got specials or has someone fitted some decals?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
IUf CMC does what they did for the W196R and W196R Fangio version, I would say you should find the Fangio 250 F for about 220 or $230 tops. I don't think CMC would pull a DE on this one (they never had).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Lu it's out in Europe now i don't think it's in the States yet.
as i said to Bern i found the Fangio version on pre-order for $208 USD.
the issue is with individual Masser dealers certainly not witj CMC :cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I thought so. Never has CMC doen this before, since afterall, their models are exclusive because of their price. So the ticket is to steer clear from car dealers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.