DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very happy with my Maisto Carerra GT Concept, but AUTOart's new release is making me consider double dipping. :giggle Since in my perticular case, I can justify that my Maisto is a concept and the new AUTOart is a production version, but I have double dipped before. AUTOart/Maisto 350z, AUTOart/Minichamps E30 M3, etc.

How often do you guys get the same cars you already have in one form of another?

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
I purchased the yellow Hot Wheels Lambo Diablo GTR when that came out. But then I was at Target one day and the Whips version was there, which looked pretty cool, so I got that. Besides that, it's pretty rare for me. I bought the Beanstalk 007 Vanquish when that came out, but then my grandma brought one back for me from her trip to england, so that kinda counts. I think for the most part though double dipping is kind of a waste of money. A lot of times you wish you hadn't bought a certain car, but you can't change the future. Here's to smarter decisions in the future :cheers

G

·
I used to all the time before space became a problem.

It really depends upon the model too. In cases such as the CGT(Maisto), I have a black concept version and a red production model.

In the case of AUTOart GT3RS, I have a wht/red and wht/blu, so it dpends.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the Maisto Concept and Production CGT, Then I got the Minichamps CGT, and I'd really like the Black AUTOart, so i may Triple Dip on this one... but then again it's a car I really like!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I've got the Quartzo and Minichamps Mazda 787B's and I have four Ferrari F2000's from Hotwheels and BBR (one normal, one in a presentation box and one as a triple set and the BBR).

I have six Toyota GT One's, but they're all different liveries so do you mean that or do they count as different cars?

I've doubled up on several Bentley EXP Speed 8's too. Namely I have the 2003 Le Mans Winners as seperate cars and as a dealer set.

G

·
I have at least doubles of:

McLaren F1 GTR
Ferrari F355
Ferrari 360CS
Ferrari F50
BMW M1
Nissan Skyline
Porsche 911 GT3
CLK-GTR
CLK DTM
VW Touareg (race and street)

G

·
So far, I've nonuple-dipped on my UT Mclarens, quintuple-dipped on my AUTOart Porsche GT3 RSs, tripled-dipped on the UT E36 M3s and AUTOart Dodge Viper GTS-R's, double dipped on the E46 M3s (kyosho, then autoart)... :lol

G

·
Delta_Farce said:
I have six Toyota GT One's, but they're all different liveries so do you mean that or do they count as different cars?
That's not double-dipping, in my opinion. If anything, that's awesome! :nicejob

I wish I have all six GT Ones in my collection.

G

·
When I hit my high point of collecting diecasts about 4 years ago, the closest to double dipping was picking up a hardtop and convertible of the same car. Since then, downsizing and purchasing a select few high end models has kept me incheck.

Alex B.

G

·
Usually my dupes tend to be upgrades....

Maisto Porsche cab --> AUTOart Porsche Cab
Maisto Murcielago--> AUTOart Murcielago
Maisto 997 --> AUTOart 997
Hot Wheels 996GT3 --> AUTOart 996 GT3

and the list goes on....

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I got all 3 version of the UT Chevrolet Caprice New York Taxi. I'm a true "I LOVE NY" person so I had to get all of them:

This one's got the BLACK wheels and the regular taxi sign on top...

This one's got the CHROME wheels and the regular taxi sign on top...

AutoArt told me that this one was not suppose to be on the market. It suppose to be EXTREMELY RARE. It got the CHROME wheels and the WHITE publicity sign on top...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts