DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
It must be very rare like the 250 GTO or 250 Teatarossa (both Hot Wheels) because THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE when you can find one on Ebay.

I got my hands on the 575MM in May but it cost me around $80.00. Now I try to get to GTO and Testarossa.

G

·
Are you serious? I just saw one at a local Toys R Us location for $29.99CAD. It's the red version. I know that Hot Wheels made a silver one too, probably that's the rare one. :confused

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
I got one at Sharper Image for cheap, and I didn't really like it very much after a couple months so I just put it on a table in the corner of my basement. Why in the world would these things be rare? :confused

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Yeah....well I'm telling ya......Try to search for 575MM on ebay....you'll rarely find one, and when you'll do, check the price!!! :help

Same thing as I said on post #2, the 250 GTO or 250 Testarossa are very hard to find too. I finally found the 250 GTO a few days ago ...there was a "buy it now" at $24.99 (a REAL bargain) because you can believe me, normally these two HotWheels are sold around $100.00 . And those were sold in store for $30.00 too.

Like Lambophilia said, maybe he saw one at Toys R US but here (Quebec, Canada)
, I've been trying to find those everywhere for the last 2 years with no luck. :cry

·
Registered
126 Posts
Maybe people are confusing the 550 with the 575?

The 550 is abundantly available due to the fact it has been around for a while but the 575 was only the last production year (or 2?) with the larger engine displacement.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's the 250 GTO from 1984 that's particularly rare. I see three for sale on E-Bay, one of which is already at $75. Anyhow, I have ordered the 575MM - which is undoubtedly rare and is a different model than the 550. I have only seen this one retailer have it for sale - ever!

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I am not saying that you are wrong.....what I say is.... here in Quebec Canada, you cannot find them anymore......at lease one, mint in box.

And that maybe we are not the only place in the world because they are expensive and hard to find on EBAY.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts