DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Not sure about what glue you should use.

But there is only one tool for this job and thats a Dremel.

How are you planning on mounting the scoop and getting it to smooth out evenly?

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
HI there. Here is a LM hood that I have started. I cut it using a dremal and smoothed it off with a file. I was trying to make a vent but it did not work out how I wanted. I am going to try using either the vent from the front of a Lotus Elise GT1 or form a 1/20th plastic kit model (???? McLaren or Chaperal?). I have done this before and it work well. The metal parts that you want to join, use modelling super glue (or any other super glue) to hold in place. When it has dried I use a two part body filler (filler plus catalyst as it doesn't shrink) to fill in the gaps and hold the piece in place. you can then sand the final product. I did this to make the hood scoops you can see below. The scoops are from the rear of a Bugatti EB110 model. Sometime soonish I'll show you what happend to the rest of it....... In the meantime here are some picts for you. :cheers

F40 front hood with hole cut in

Underside of same hood.

Maybe this vent?

Or this one?

Here they are all together

I will post below with the hood scoops in my Dodge Ram truck

Peter

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Here is a hood scoop in an Ertl Dodge Ram truck hood as mentioned above.

Underside

compared with standard hood (or bonnet)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there and thanks alot for your info and pics. I'm pretty sure that your F40 LM will turn out good because you've almost done the hardest mod part and that is the hood scoop. By the way, which F40 did you use?, Hot Wheels's or Bburago's?. I'm planning to use the Hot Wheels's version because it has the windows glass, and more detail compare to Bburago's. Let me tell you, if I success in this model then I have about 3 other Ferraris lining up and those are F50 GT, 512 Hamann, f355 Hamann, maybe Enzo GTR. Man, talking about this already makes me excited. Please post more pics of your F40 LM after you finish. Good luck.

118Diecastars

1 - 6 of 6 Posts