DiecastXchange Forum banner

How to make 1:18 scale magazines (Guide)

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  iluda1551 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Have you ever wanted to add a little bit more taste of realism on your model cars?? Well this is for you then! A simple free DIY

Things you must obtain
Printer (Does not matter what type it is as long it has ink you'll do)
Scissors
A4 paper
Card stock paper (Optional)
A car (No dip)
A good working station

Step one: Obtain magazine cover and back (Optional)
Now this step you can google or scan a real magazine up to you so I'm not going to go detailed about this step.
You do not need a back but if you want one go on bro!

Step two: Print cover
BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT MEASUREMENTS!
I used width: 1.5 cm Height: 1.9 cm. If you find a closer scale to 1:18 please do tell

Step three: Cut cover and/or back and/or base and put it all together
Also this is optional but highly recommended add a layer of clear type on top to get a glossy look
Cut it and add a cardstock back or some sort of hard base to the back of the tiny cover so it doesn't fall apart.
Then add the back to it. You can glue or use double sided type as long as it works lol
Sorry for the crappy phone pics it was just too small lol
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Step four: Well your done so go out there and post pretty pictures :)

See less See more
#2 ·
A really cool accessory iluda - it certainly adds to the realism - thanks for your tutorial!

#3 ·
When I first saw the title of this thread, I had a double take, hoping it wasn't going to be another thread about a certain discredited individual in the diecast industry.

Great ideas about making little magazines.

#4 ·
Well when voler1 posted about this nissan gtr r32 it had a lite magizine in it so that's where I got the idea but i think he made his a similer way though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.