DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered new wire wheels from the guy on Ebay hand wired .Like a Pocher, He makes almost all scales . Anyway he doe;s not make the Knockoffs,, Someone posted to drill the knockoff to get the wheel off DON"T Seems the wheels are Glued onto the rotors and the knockoff is glued to the wheel . I bought a bottle of UNCURE and applied waited a minute and gently twisted the knockoff until it became loose with a 90deg needlenose plyers with tape on the ends to not mar the finish. they all came right off. the Wire wheels are very fragile so they don't come off with out breaking them However it leaves enought of the innner hub to grab onto and with the UNCURE it too will release from the hub . I did this to a C Type Jaguar without taking the car apart.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Valuable information about how the wheels are held on.
It seems AUTOart are using ca glue to hold the rims in place, if un-cure debonder is what worked for you.
I have used easing oil on such glue in the past, and it was usually successful.
I might also try the very fine watch oil that I keep for helping with tight joints such as steering components.
Most fine oils will break down ca glue, after all human sweat is among the best options for fingers glued together.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was very careful and used as little as possible to do it some plastic broke off insid e the rotor and I use a tiny dremel bit to take it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts