DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how to do it safely, and partly the decals are over the plastic bumpers?
will it be safe?
what do i use
other than just spray the paint straigt away?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ive heard that NON ACETONE nail polish remover works well, although i havent yet tried this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have manage to remove decals on the metal body. but not sure if i will do it over the plastic bodykit?

any idea?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've used very miniscule amounts of the nail polish remover on a few Hot Wheels cars to remove decals from the plastic bumbers/etc. Use very small amounts, just enough to get the decal off. If you use to much, you will mess up the plastic a little bit. And definitely don't use any on the clear plastic.j

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did a test with this on a Hot Wheels tunerz civic and a mm R34
i tryed the npr on the civic's bonnet to get the Hot Wheels sign off it and the black bonnet started to go a whitish gray
on the R34 i tryed it on the MM number plate on the rear bar and the rear bar started to turn from a creamish colour to a whitish colour.
if i was u i would test it out on a car u do not like very much or even a car thats broken and is being used for parts.

but then again it might b the plastic Hot Wheels and mm use so im not sure i know i know it does work on the metal but i did manage to get the Hot Wheels sign off the side of the civic and it came out the best. so i sugest just do a test on another car see how it works for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i did that already, no matter how you splash the non acetone, its just hard to get rid off. but i have manage to take that damn decals thingy off the plastic widebody.
hey HK, if you do it over the metal body of the Hot Wheels, it wouldnt go dull (tyred that already)

safe on metal but not on plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.