DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which/how many of your models have you dropped or have dropped things on that have survived?

Have any of your models ever had collisions with each other?

Which of your models have been destroyed in accidents?

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Well, i'm super careful of my models, so no big accidents. The only accident I've had was when I took out my Minichamps M3 GTR road car, and when i lifted it up with my right hand, it slipped (being so heavy) and it landed... on my left hand. Model was fine, my hand wasn't :p

Lucky it was only around 1 foot height or so tho...

G

·
Haven't had any collisions of any sort.

However, I do notice that most of the models with windshields seem to require more attentions and caution when applying polish.

Also some of my AUTOart models have very brittel decals that are all but erased when polishing. Those decals are best described as paper mache like :confused

I prefer tampos or decals over these sort of decals.

G

·
Which/how many of your models have you dropped or have dropped things on that have survived?
I haven't dropped a model yet but I did drop my CLK LM hood but the silver arrow emblem surviving the fall. *phew*

Have any of your models ever had collisions with each other?
The collision centre has no record for any accidents. :giggle

Which of your models have been destroyed in accidents?
The only model that I've destroyed is my first attempt at modding an R8. Other than that, my ex-roommate from university destroyed my UT F1! :pullhair

G

·
Haven't dropped any yet or had any collisions, although the Porsche 911's and Ferrari F355's/360's keep giving each other "The Look". :giggle

I have had a couple models arrive slightly damaged (rear-view mirrors off, tail-lights off) but have been able to fix them.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I've busted the antenna off my #63 C5-R. :pullhair That was overhandling from doing photo shoots. :badidea

G

·
When my mom once decided to clean my extremly neat and organized room (not!), i found a very unpleasant suprise.

My EVO VII had gone 'RS because its spoiler was missing... :blowup

Thankfully, I found the spoiler, super-glued it and now its looking like nothing ever happened.

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
I have two Beanstalk Aston Vanquishes (I bought one and the other was a gift from someone who didn't know I had one) and ironically, both of them are the only two models I've ever broken. I was looking at one and a wheel fell off and the other one bumped up against its box breaking off the side view mirror. :scared

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I have a Burago Porsche 993 which has rolled off my dining table. The fall was broken by a chair mid way and it finally landed on all four wheels. Not a scratch nor a dent on the model. If it was an Autoart, :scared

G

·
I only had one accident.... and guess which it was.... the ill fated Exoto 917/30 :lol

I was just going down the stairs with the model in my hand when I slipped badly and the front part cover went flying up in the air then hit the tiles badly once it landed. A small visor in front of the cockpit got loose but it clipped back into position in no time.

No harm done at all and BTW, I didn't hurt myself neither :giggle

G

·
The only thing i've ever done is break the door mirror and windscreen wiper off my AUTOart Sierra Cosworth whilst cleaning it. It wasn't really an issue as it was a quick and easy fix.
Thankfully, in years of collecting I cannot recall dropping anything.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've only had one accident: my Exoto Covette Grand Sport rolled off my desk at work :scared and the right front wheel broke off. I think I can fix it but haven't got around to it yet. Any suggestions would be most welcomed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Unfortunately, I have had a few accidents with my models. I am very careful and particular with my models, but these things seem to find me.

AUTOart Maybach 62- Had a McFarlane sports figure fall on it during a thunderstorm, which broke off the hood emblem. This was repaired.

Kyosho BMW 325ci- This model was also hit with that mcfarlane sports figure. Unfortunately, this one was not as lucky because it broke the front windshield off and could not be repaired.

Kyosho BMW 745i- Fell out of my hand and onto the tile floor after cleaning it. No damage!!! This one literally made my heart skip a beat. :help

AUTOart Jeep Grand Cherokee- I brought this model down to polish and clean it and somebody moved it under the couch. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was there and stepped it. Two tires came off and the entire suspension was ruined.

Maisto Ferrari 550 Maranello- As a kid, I was playing around with this model and somehow managed to slam it into a wall. There is a mark on the front bumper.

In total, 1 no damage, 2 destroyed, and 2 were repaired. I never collided two models with each other.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Damn Darrick, did you have to repost that? That's almost too painful to look at! :scared
The only model I dropped is the Maisto Hummer H1. It fell from the top shelf on its roof, no damage at all! :happy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts