DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Well today I had to go out & pick up a replacement mobile/cell phone today as I had a slight disagreement with my old one :smack well as it turned out a couple of shops down from the phone shop was a place that sold diecast, so I had to see what was in there, in case there was something for my fellow collectors :giggle not much stock but they did have the following car I wanted, the just released 1973 Biante 1:18 AUTOart Holden HQ Monaro 2-door, the diecast came out in 2 colours, Tangerine which was the one I was looking for & Orchid, but they had both on display & as it turned out the Orchid colour was very nice & is a change towards the colours in my collection & so it was the one that folled me home.

It's a limited run of 3000 with COA, the colour sure stands out with the black stripes,
Under the HOOD "Bonnet to some :sos " the red 308 GMH engine is plumbed & sure would make a nice sound coming out of the twin pipes out back, but I could not find the black negative wire running from the battery as the red wire is there :confused
The interior is carpeted & also looks the part.
There is a spare wheel in the BOOT "Trunk to some :sos "
I do like models with the side windows up, but is does make opening the doors a tad tricky, but it keeps dust out which is a good thing.
I am very happy to add another Australian classic road car to my collection, so I do recommend this to any Holden HQ fans.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Now thats a nice one, Mike :cheers
I like the view in this pic...

It sort of looks like an upsized Ferrari 400 Superamerica (just a little bit)

Always good to find a new source for diecast!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I took the photos on my floor as you know I have removed the carpet, so it was at ground level, but trust you to spot a sort of Ferrari look in an Aussie muscle car :giggle

Yeah even tho it only sells Holden diecast, but that suits me fine :happy

G

·
Thats the one you were just telling me about the other day isnt it ?

Have to admit its a good looking car and a stunning colour .

Congrats Mike :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
What a beautiful car...it looks more like an expensive European GT (like Jeff said, there's definitely some Superamerica influence in there) than an Aussie muscle car. Congratulations Mike - great purchase!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Cool car and congrats on the new add!

:cheers
Sean

G

·
woah i never knew the hq came out, i have been waiting for the vk's and hsv vs range to come out i fully forgot about the hq guess i'll have to go get the 2 colours for my collection :) $155 seems pritty good aswell, also any chance of interior and boot photos?

cheers

HK

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.