DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
This started as one of the 1/5000 LE's that was not in the best shape. With Darrick's idea, I decided to cut the top. I used a "jeweler's saw" and I have to say I will never use a Dremil again! The windshield had to come from a 'vert.

Once I had it apart, I decided to do a little "Eddie" detail to it.

Here is the finished product:

Here is the interior. Some items were touched up like the pedals, knobs, buttons and spay-on suede was used to simulate carpet (looks like the UTs).

Shot of the rear 3/4.

Shot from the top. The top is stored just like the 1:1.

The passenger side. You can see the "carpet" better.

Where I had the most fun. I was going to leave it stock, but I just couldn't. :giggle

Wheel detail. I drilled every single hole on the rotors, painted the calipers and pads and black washed the wheels.

Fun shot. :giggle

Hope you guys like it!

G

·
Al,

Your work just convinced me to go out and buy some Hot Wheels C6's for modding :lol

Great job :nicejob

Tell me more about the jewelers saw and the spray on suede.

If you could write up some tutorials on how to use the spray on suede it would be great.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Darrick, I am glad you like!

I'll take some pics of the saw and paint and do a tutorial. I don't think that the suede comes in black, otherwise, I would be buying it by the case!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Well you did an excellent job! :nicejob Take some patience to drill those disc brakes and all the little extra that you put on the car!!! Mucho impressivo!!!! :310

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Great job, Al - it looks way better

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I can't tell the difference. The original is so detailed as it is. :giggle

GREAT job, Al! :nicejob You raised it up 300%.

G

·
Hey Al,

Where can I buy that spray on suede from ;confused

I looked around for some today, but nothing.

I think I am going to do my Aston Martin.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I found it at HobbyLobby. It is not with all of the other paints in the huge spray-paint section but it is with the new hobby section where people create memory book.
I have also seen it at Michaels (I don't know if it is a large chain or not, but I think it is)
If you can't find it localy, I can send you a can.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Al: Great job, the spray-on suede solves the problem with the real (fake) suede of trying to make it look "molded." I will be looking for that REAL soon. The engine looks 200% percent better, and so does the interior. Just one thing though, the moniker "MISTER Low End is already taken. Can't have it.

Darrick, if you have a Hobby Lobby and they don't have the spray-on suede, you might look at some place like Ace Hardware, Low's, even Wally World. . . :wink

G

·
Al , I hope that ones going on the list :wink :lol

Fantastic job you did , engine , interior and roof are all excellently done... Im impressed :cheers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts