DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
1957 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder ...by Hot Wheels

...the 60th anniversary edition ....the ugly little duck turned into a nice swan... :giggle

Well at least it's waaaaaaaaaay looking better since I remove the ugly 60th tampos off it!

I didn't want to encourage Hot Wheels to continue to give us poor Ferrari model... and I surely don't want to start another discussion about it... ...but I think we were all hoping for a special surprise from them when we first heard that Hot Wheels were gonna make a special "60th anniversary edition" line...once again, we got our hope too high...the only positive I see to this pointless line is the release of the true Ferrari red paint color of this model! :happy

....I'm wasn't gonna buy any of those 60th models, but I like this model so much, and since Hot Wheels released the first burgundy color version, I was hoping for a red color! So I couldn't let it pass!!

...it was ugly lookin' with the special badges all around it.....but now, it's way more classic & sexier lookin' :tongue
I surely don't regret switching my older burgundy edition for it!

For those of you who want to see what the special 60th tampos looks like, here it is:

Of course Hot Wheels used the same old mold for this California Spyder GT, same looking engine, trunk, dash, seats, steering wheels, etc....

The only improvement they made, is the more accurate size of the Ferrari crest on the nose....and the perfect color for this car!

Verdict

Finally Hot Wheels made a good paint decision...after weird color choices like
burgundy & light blue ...(and soon to come, yellow will be add to the catalog) RED is finally available!

DX result: 6/10

My personal appreciation note: 8/10

****THUMNAIL PICTURES****

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Great shots as always, Jeff!! Personally though, I don't think the blue is weird at all...in fact, if the metalflakes weren't too big, I'd say it was the perfect color for the car.

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
I like the red better than the burgundy but not as much as the blue.
It does look much better with that stupid logo removed!
Nice work, Jeff

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
It looks waaay better without that stupid billboard on the door. But I confess that to me the nicest color is the blue one. And is this supposed to be an Elite or just the regular California with different color and stupid badges?

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Great pics Jeff! I do have the burgundy one, but this is a more proper Ferrari color.

Are you going to add it to your collection as the Ferris Bueller Ferrari? :giggle '57, '61...close enough if it was an Ertl Entertainment series car. :sarcasm

G

·
Thanks for sharing. I like the red much better on this one.

I don't remember the chrome grill standing out so much on the other colors.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments guys :cheers ...glad you like it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The old NPR (Nail Polisher Remover with no acetone) trick. I got it from our diecast store ($39.95 CDN) but we order 90% of our stock from Kevin Hobbies (DX is the HOT SPOT !!! dot com)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.