DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been pondering this for a few weeks - so here it is!

I am the owner of a Hot Wheels 360 Stradale, which I purchased last year for around €30, believing it to be a great model. But no - orange peel, poor detail, godamn awful graphics and shiny plastic racing seats were the reality. The crappy stripes have also un-adhered themsleves and peeled off, leaving a thin white pinstripe down the length of the car. :rant

Having re-discovered it whilst clearing out the shed (don't ask, just don't ask!), I'm in two minds as to what to do with it.

I could either:

a) break it up for spares and throw the unuseful bits away
b) just throw it away, or
c) use it as a mule for modifications (e.g. lowering...)

.....I did think about keeping it for a few moments. But that feeling passed after about 0.0000000000002 seconds.

So, forummers, what do you think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Gift!!! :yahoo

There is always a kid who would accept something like this.

I have gifted 2 Buragos and one Hot Wheels thus far :happy

Welcome to the forums ;)

·
Loves Cars
374 Posts
Wow! My 360 CS has held up beautifully, and is probably one of the nicest Hot Wheels / Mattel models I own. Paint is flawless, graphics are great, wheels are killer. I do agree with you about the seat, though!

I say keep it. The wheels alone truly make this model, in my mind. You can remove the rest of the red/green/white stripe down the middle, buy or make a racing decal sheet, and apply them to the car. You'll have a one-of-a-kind Ferrari racer, and it will cover up the majority of the orange peel too!

http://i.pbase.com/v3/74/508674/2/49336669.IMG_3273.jpg

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Welcome to DX :cheers

There is always someone that would love to have a diecast unwanted by you.
All the boys on my street have been the recipients of cars that I no longer wanted.
Put a smile on some kids face :cheers

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've said the same things recently on here. I tried taking the bottom off earlier, to put the wheels on my 360 Spider, but three of the screws just won't come out. I think I'll just put the screws back in and get my dad to give it to my little cousin, who's 6.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
First allow me to welcome you aboard to the DX.

I love your description as well as your terminology for fellow DX'ers :giggle

That is the first time I have heard the stripes of the CS described in a manner - very original :lol

Just do a stripe delete - Use NPR to get rid of the smaller remainig stip(no "e") that is left behind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the welcomes guys, makes me feel wanted..... !

It would seem that giving it away is the most sensible option, and one that I admit I hadn't thought of.

I shall put it in the post to my nephew on Tuesday - I have a feeling I can wean him off the playstation with a bright red Ferrari!

Cheers guys!

PS- Look out for my collection!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was looking at it today and it is such a nice car per se, just not a CS. I've come to the conclusion, if I remove the stripe, it isn't trying to be something it's not. Therefore all will be right with the World and I'll buy the delectable IXO 1/43rd.

EDIT: Dang it! There is a painted on white mark on the edge of the engine lid and two very thin, paint stripes on the bonnet and roof. They can't leave a model alone can they!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what mine looked like less than 24 hours after its arrival.

I have now stripped the paint off and within a year or two I will try to rebuild it in a way that it looks more like a 360 CS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it is a pretty lousy attempt from Hot Wheels, because they just gave a regular 360 a stripe and a bodykit that looks slightly like that of a CS, they didn't put much effort in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
To be nerdish about what's wrong....

Wing mirrors are the standard items painted black, not square CF items
The Engine Cover hasn't got heating elements and has a cut-out in it
The CS didn't have a stereo
It didn't have a battery in the passenger footwell, but it did have a fire extinguisher
The Steering Wheel is completely wrong
The gear-paddles should be metal and the right one bigger
The front Bumper has a much more pronounced lip and more agressive air intakes
The side skirts are the standard Modena ones, not the widened CS variety
It doesn't even feature the CS badge on the (should be) mesh panel, where the rear lights are mounted
The seats are completely generic
The engine is less detailled than the mould used for the Modena Spider I have.

Those are the ones I can see or think of, and this is one of the most significant Ferrari's of the modern era. Hot Wheels just should not be allowed to desecrate the Ferrari license in this way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.