DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Ferrari Diecast Collector
357 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I'm getting one anyway. It will probably look better in the flesh.

I'll custom my original one and turn it into a white Miami Vice version.

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Looks like crap to me.
$50 for that? Its barely better than the one I paid $10 for at Big Lots?
Who in the heck is going to lay out money for that garbage?

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
What are you guys complaining for? $50? That's cheap! They'll sell that for about £50 here, which is probably around $65-75 at today's exchange rate. Also, notice they've got the same problem that they've had with every other opening Testarossa model made; the doors don't close properly. Also, for a model of that price should we really be able to see the hole that connects the light to the body on the front of the car? :hellno

...I still might get one though :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You are talking about the "mounting stubs" that have been mentioned already.

If the other "Elites" are any indication, the market will decide the true price for them It seem to be around $37 as some diecast sites are selling them for that much.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Another washed-up try for an oversold "high-end model" by Mattel.

Though there are more photoetched parts than on FXX Elite, the way of finish is disastrous!

The frontgrill is even, not convex in line to the front:

The wheel hubs are made out of metal but the brake discs are sleazy plastic - very strange... :confused

Carpet in the interior is nothing else than bad glued mats - with horrible gaps of 2-3mm to each edge:

Openers for front and back lid are placed wrong - beside the passenger seat... :dizzy

The rest of it is pure plastic as always:

Exhausts are crooked:

Colored engine looks good so far - if the photoetched badges on top were placed accurately...

Traces of run out glue do not enhance impression! :hellno

Next surprise follows beneath the trunk lid: The testarossa never had a spare wheel but a tirefit-system. Carpet and maybe a set of baggage would have been nicer. :badidea

After removing the transport protection it remains an ugly paint flaw:

It's absurd what Mattel is expecting of the collectors! :smack

70EUR for that??? :no

G

·
Are those pic's from your shop Raidou? don't know why your place would want to stock it, those are some gharstly flaw's :scared , it's at time's like this we wonder what someone like Kyosho Or AUTOart could do, but we can only dream.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
That looks terrible. Not terrible for normal Hot Wheels prices, but Elite? I think not. I don't need to point out the flaws again. Such a pity too - I'm actually quite happy with my F40 and was looking forward to adding some more decent Ferraris to my collection, but if this is a sign of things to come... :scared At least I got the F40 anyway - if I had to choose one Ferrari that would be it.

FYI, I believe the RRP in the UK is £45 for the Elite range. That works out currently at around $85.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
:iagree , with the F40 they made a good job but everything following since is looking more crappy.
The Superamerica doesn't look good to me on photos as well. :scared

@Mr McKane: Yes, I took the pics from one of our models in stock. I guess, I will remit them all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hope they don't ruin the Ferrari 288 GTO the same way. I have been anticipating the model since its anouncement. What a shameful way for Hotwheels to price this Testorossa so high with such mediocre fit and finish.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Too bad because this is one of my favorite Ferraris. I can't believe they couldn't even make the seats out of that soft-touch Kyoshoesque material. This looks horrible. Someone will eventually make one that is worth displaying.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
in my humble opinion, it will be worth the $25 that it will eventually sell for. If you can't wait, and pay $80 for it now (specially after seeing the pics) it's your business. :dizzy

Also, what is a "Tirefit" system? and how does it compare to a spare?
In this pic, this TR looks to have a spare :confused

Attachments

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I think a TIreFit system is when all of the tools needed for the wheel repair are all stored inside the tire. They are usually enuderneath the trunk carpet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.