DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchase the F355 Kit but it is in black. My question is following:
For those of you that have it. Did it come with the decals already on or did you place them afterwards. Also, If I was to repaint it, is there a ferrari rosso that is readily available?

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MP: I got it on Ebay for $10.
Which KB do you go to? The one in Mentor?

Thanks Eric, I guess I'll have to find a way to get them off... Are they all decals or also tampos?

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I usually go to Aurora Farms since the store is huge.
My other usual stop was Parmatown but they closed.
Never had any luck at Mentor :confused

G

·
This is another area where I wish Hot Wheels would get consistant. While I have remarked about the excellent paint quality on my black Enzo, the decals need a little work. The nose emblem isn't waterslide or tampo, it's an actual sticker, soon to be replaced by a waterslide. Grrr... :ranting

·
Registered
462 Posts
If your thinking of repainting it, heres a little warning(or helpful hints) -

Hot Wheels must have used a whole thing of super glue to glue the door panels on, good luck getting them off. :fight
The upper part of the windshield is held on with 4 rivets. It will take some time to shape the upper part of the windshield back once you put it back together, make sure you have a drill or dremel tool to get the windshield off(to drill out the rivets).

Good luck!

PS. It might be alot easier(although more expensive) to repaint a UT F355.

G

·
MockingBird said:
are all the windshields warped?
i was thiking of getting one and sending it over to my fren's address in the US, and get him to pass it to me when he comes back here....
All of the windshield frames I've seen have been a little warped. I manipulated mine a little bit so it doesn't look as bad. It's not up to UT standards (how bad is it that I brand new model can't compare to a significantly older cast?) but it does nicely. I like the GTS in black!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts