DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For this review, I aim to prove that Hot Wheels's standard model Ferrari F430 is indeed a relatively good model in comparison to more expensive versions and worthy of owning :lol

As Hot Wheels's puts a sour taste in some collectors mouth as it relates to the license they have with Ferrari. Understandably, I can see both sides of that story - but I don't believe Hot Wheels's is to blame...solely.

With Hot Wheels's, either you hate them or love them(or atleast like them very much). For those who recognize Hot Wheels's for what they are, a toy producer, they tend to be the later of the two groups. For those that see Hot Wheels's as something they are not, a premium diecast producing company, it easy to understand why they hate Hot Wheels - because they are not what that person wants them to be.

I personally don't have any Elites or Super Elite models. Nonetheless, I still enjoy the few Hot Wheels's standard edition models I have in my collection. And even though its the standard version, you will see it stacks up well considering the facts and merits of its competition.

For this review, I think the most important factor is going to be pricing. :wink

The models for comparison:

1:1 Ferrari F430

1:18 Hot Wheels Ferrari F430

Ferrari's F430 tips the pricing scale at $170,000.

While Hot Wheels F430 breaks your piggy bank at $24.

Winner: Hot Wheels

Introduced in 2004 as a replacement to the 360 Modena, the F430 took a while to grow on me as I was just starting to like the 360. But when it did grow on me, it did in a very big way as I find the car to be a sweet as a black berry - you know the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice.

Hot Wheels's followed with their version a year later in 2005.

So how do these two models really compare?

1:1 Ferrari F430 Engine Type: 4.3 Liter V-8
1:18 Ferrari F430 Engine Type: Hard Plastic

Car Gear shift Vehicle Black Automotive design

Winner: Ferrari

1:1 Ferrari F430 Acceleration 0-60: 3.9 s
1:18 Ferrari F430 Acceleration 0-60: So slow it doesn't even matter

1:1 Ferrari F430 Wheel Base: 102 inches
1:18 Ferrari F430 Wheel Base: 5.5 inches(approximately)

1:1 Ferrari F430 Horsepower: [email protected]@rpm
1:18 Ferrari F430 Horsepower: 1 man [email protected] steroid usage

1:1 Ferrari F430 Top Speed: 198 mph
1:18 Ferrari F430 Top Speed: 2 mph(maybe, if pushed really hard)

1:1 Ferrari F430 Brakes: Carbon-Ceramic Discs
1:18 Ferrari F430 Brakes: Hard Plastic

1:1 Ferrari F430 Transmission: 6 Speed Manual or F1 Paddle Shift
1:18 Ferrari F430 Transmission: 2 Speed or Left/Right Arm

1:1 Ferrari F430 Weight: 3197 lbs
1:18 Ferrari F430 Weight: 3 lbs

Both models can be had in both Coupe and Spyder versions too, depending on your tastes.

As you can see - its pretty even :lol

If given the choice, I would opt for Ferrari's F430 - but I am afraid it would be extremely hard to display it on my current cabinets. Therefore, Hot Wheels's version works for me at the moment. :sarcasm

There's some parody in this post - whoever finds it first wins absolutely nothing :lol

**Added to the Review Database**

Attachments

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Great write-up, Darrick! I really enjoyed reading it. Eventhough it isn't am Elite or Super Elite, it looks like a good honest model where you get what you pay for and maybe a little extra.

:cheers
Sean

·
John
586 Posts
Great review Darrick! :cheers

I have the Elite, regular, and low end F430s. They all look great for the price. I don't have super elite as it's not worth it to me. Just wanted to also point out the lower end red box F430's do not have painted calipers, painted headlights, tail lights, and other minor things. But don't let that stop you from buying them, the silver coupe and blue spider are really nice also! Between elite and regular F430 not a major difference. In the end I like all the F430's.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have this model as well. It's a very good model for the price I paid for it, $25 or something like that at a local hobby shop.

With Hot Wheels's, either you hate them or love them(or atleast like them very much). For those who recognize Hot Wheels's for what they are, a toy producer, they tend to be the later of the two groups. For those that see Hot Wheels's as something they are not, a premium diecast producing company, it easy to understand why they hate Hot Wheels - because they are not what that person wants them to be.
I had high hopes for Hot Wheels when models like this F430 and their MC12 and also the Z06 came out, they were considerably better than previous budget models with only a minor price increase, about $25 to $30 usually instead of the previous $10-$15 they cost at Toys R Us. Unfortunately, they didn't go the route I would've hoped them to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.