DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? I am also getting rid of the attachement points in the middle of each light. (Main headlights are done. Still need to work on the fogs).

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TifosiF1 said:
Looks like a track adjustment, as the wheels in the before picture look inset pretty far. Nice job! :nicejob
That is correct, The wheels have been moved out 2mm all around.

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
Max Power said:
Looking good Marc :cheers
Was it hard to do?
Not really, the rear wheels need a slightly longer axle with spacers on each end (I used nylon washer for the front to keep things turning smooth).
As for the lights, it is just a matter of popping them out, cuting the tab, placing foil to hide the hole and gluying it back with white glue (making sure to clean any excess oozing out).

Marc

Edit: I found the car specs and my rear track width is now right on the money. However, the original Hot Wheels front track is correct. BTW, I also checked all the car dimensions and Hot Wheels is remarkably close to scale perfection... Ahh... If only the quality was a bit better... :ranting

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
The lights are done, I also applied a dark wash to the grille and wheels, painted the wheelwells and underhood flat black and modified the exhaust to look more realistic. All that needs to be done now are the rear tailight chrome rings and the interior (not in a hurry with the interior though).

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jelmer said:
I also applied a dark wash to the grille and wheels
Can you explain how you do that! It looks awsome!!!
Thereare several methods but I prefer using some thinned down acrylic paint to do that.
Make sure everything is freed of dirt and grease, apply the wash to the entire part.
The wash will flow in the recesses, all you need to do now is go pack with a cloth to take off the excess.

Marc

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fastandryan said:
Looks great, you made me buy a Lusso now and do that to it. Is it possible if you could show how you extended the wheel breadth and do you think dry brushin enamel would do the same job on the grills and wheels?
Dry brushing would not work as you need it toflow into the creases. You could thin it down though.
As for the wheel breadth, I'll take some pics and postthem later ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts