DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ferrari introduced the 308 at the Paris Motor Show in 1975 as a supplement to the 2+2 Dino 308 GT4 and a direct replacement for the Dino 246. The 308 GTB/GTS and GT4 are mechanically similar, and shared much with the original Dino. Both 308s sit on the same tube platform, however the GT4 had a longer wheelbase.
The 308's body was designed by Pininfarina's Leonardo Fioravanti, who had been responsible for some of Ferrari's most celebrated shapes to date such as the Daytona, the Dino and the Berlinetta Boxer. The 308 used elements of these shapes to create something very much in contrast with the angular Bertone-designed GT4. The GTS models featured a removable roof panel with grained satin black finish, which could be stowed in a vinyl cover behind the seats when not in use.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive design

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Very nice. HWE at its best!

That red one is from Kyosho right?

I used to have the HWE 308 GTB but swapped it with the Kyosho 308 GTB, because I think the Kyosho one has better details and smaller doglegs. The HWE has more photo-etched parts.

·
Administrator
34,162 Posts
Looks good! I do love a Targa / GTS Ferrari!!

I keep wanting to get a 308 model, I wouldn't mind getting a 328 too. I had a Blue HWE 308 GTB with a Cream interior a long time ago. I thought it looked really cool, but I moved it on ages ago.

Reactions: Eric

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I did not realise HWE made a black GTS. I do know the red GTS has been fetching crazy prices since its inception. And the most recent one i watched on eBay went on for a price that can easily buy you the latest CMC Merc 600 Pullman. I do fancy a red 308GTS since I only have a yellow 308GTB by Kyosho but have long given up hope on getting one from HWE since they are so expensive.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I did not realise HWE made a black GTS. I do know the red GTS has been fetching crazy prices since its inception. And the most recent one i watched on eBay went on for a price that can easily buy you the latest CMC Merc 600 Pullman. I do fancy a red 308GTS since I only have a yellow 308GTB by Kyosho but have long given up hope on getting one from HWE since they are so expensive.
Wow, no way! I have the feeling that almost every HWE Ferrari model has depreciated compared to a few years ago. Both the HWE Magnum PI and the normal red 308 GTS are fetching ~300 euro currently, lower than before.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Wow, no way! I have the feeling that almost every HWE Ferrari model has depreciated compared to a few years ago. Both the HWE Magnum PI and the normal red 308 GTS are fetching ~300 euro currently, lower than before.
Not sure if the buyer went through with the sale or not but that was what the auction ended at

Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive design

Crazy huh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts