DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Do you think you'd venture into that scale given virtually all 1:43 are sealed? :giggle For the record, I have. There are some really cool race cars that just will never get a big enough market demand to justify making them in 1:18.

G

·
I'm very jealous of the 1:43 folks too because of the sheer volume of models available.
There is quite literally almost too much to choose from.

Personally I collect street cars in 1:18, but I have to admire the number of colours and specifications made in 1:43. I admire them that much that i've started to collect 1:43s, albeit in small numbers.

:cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Being honest with you guys, even though I'm a die hard 1:18 collector, if this little wave of curbsides in 1:18 evolves into a tsunami, I will abandon 1:18 and go for 1:43.

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
I know. It's almost painful for me to look at the wall of 1:43s at the local hobby store. So many incredible vehicles, but they're very small and cost like $20 at least! For instance, the Dauer 962. It's really expensive and hard to find and small. I got one for really cheap compared to how they're going now. I would trade it in for a 1:18 version any day of the week though.

G

·
For those who collect both 1:43s and 1:18s, do you buy same cars in both scales?
No, since I have limited budget and space. It goes both ways, I'll keep the ones that I think have better value and quality. For example, I sold my 1/43 PMA E36 M3 GTR street cars after I found the 1/18 red, white, and black UT versions. But then I sold some other 1/18s because I like the 1/43 better (McLaren F1 GTR, for example), especially the handbuilts. :cheers

G

·
I don't really care for 1/43s before due to the fact that they're on the small size for my taste. Lately however, I've been looking at certain models due to pricing & variety, plus I figured why buy sealed 1/18s when 1/43s presented better values.

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yes Im afraid I do , but only i I really like the subject matter .
One of my favourite Porsches is the GT3 RS and aswell as buying both colours in 1/18 , I had to buy both colours in 1/43 . All are fantastic models .

I also like to compare them against each other to see if they have differences between them when compared to the real car . I bet Im not alone in that either :cheers

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Same here, with those same cars :lol (but only the Red/White in 1:18).

I also have both scales in the 2003 Bentleys, Mercedes CLK-LM, and soon the 787B.

Like you Gary, if I really like the subject matter it's just something that I do.

Mark

G

·
I buy some of the 1/18s to compliment my 1/43s, since the details in 1/18 can't be beat. I also get the 1/18s if they are not made in 1/43.

G

·
When I decided to start collecting seriously a little over a year ago there were 2 cars that immediately went on my list:

UT McLaren F1 LM Roadcar

BBR Ferrari F50-GT

So, right from the start I became a collector of both scales. The dups I have between the scales are

Porsche 911 GT2 (AUTOart and Minichamps)
Porsche 911 GT3 (AUTOart and Minichamps)
Ferrari F355 Berlinetta and Spyder (UT and Minichamps)
Ferrari F50 Berlinetta and Spyder (BBurago and Minichamps)

All different colors though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.