DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
(Pics are between 75-81KB)
I thought i'd post some (rubbish) pics of the (very good) models I recieved last week.
First in last week was my second Exoto, a Ford GT40 MKII which is superb. Its the 1966 number 98 car which raced and won at Daytona. Here is a pic

Secondly was a model that took me by complete suprise, partly because I wasn't expecting it (it was a kind gift from MaxPower), and partly because its a really good model - the interior is well detailed and is even carpeted! Pic

3 GMPs also arrived last week courtesy of Sir Gary. These were the silver Pontiac Lemans which is great, the Cortez silver 69 Chevy Nova SS which i'm pleased with despite warnings from both LUWs and Ronans sites that it wasn't up to the standard of the majority of GMPs. Which is true, but its still nice.
The third model is the Todco Racing Camaro from 1969. The engine detail is very nearly up to the standard of the Exoto GT40. For the price I paid it is unbelievable.

Thanks for reading

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Congrats Jim! :happy

You've been pretty busy, huh? :giggle

The Todco has to be my favorite. The shape, the engine detail... I think I'm getting one! :lol

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
:iagree

The silver Pontiac is pretty nice as well :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gian, Jeff and Dennis

Gian - the Todco is great, but I think there much cheaper over here than in the States so if you want one please let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shahel - The GMPs were cheap and the Caddy was free. However the GT40 cost me just under 100GBP.

Thanks too Alpkop

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great additions Jim! I remember that, only a short while ago, you were saying that the american muscle part of your collection was quite anemic. Now look at the rate it's developing!

Those new ones are some really great pieces of american muscle! And that GMP Le Mans...:tongue :hot Btw, is there a Sunstar Brougham virus on DX? :giggle Recently I've seen a few of these around and I have ordered one myself, before reading the posts about it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Catalin - I have certainly 'pulled my finger out' lately with my US car collection. :yahoo

Congrats on ordering the Caddy. in my humble opinion it makes a nice change from the usual 59s that seem to be so popular.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
100 must be a dent in your pocket but you cant go wrong with a GT40. I still dont have a classic GT40 from Exoto

might get one later this year I just laid out £300+ on a few models this month (BBR Enzo, AUTOart Cobra, AUTOart 997, Minichamps ML etc)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice additions Jim - those are some fantastic models. I must confess however, in my humble opinion the Nova is the ugliest car ever made. :giggle

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Every one's a winner, Jim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts