DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well I have been part of DX for a year. I have drooled over Felix's incredible photos of the Toyota GT-One, have seen Mark's 6 car set (in their boxes), and now, thanks to Matt (Dingo), I have the 1998 #29 car in my hot little hands. And what can I say? :hot

Well, I know everyone has seen countless pictures of the GT-One in both its 1998 and 1999 liveries, but please, indulge me here folks. It is my first taste of GT-One ownership (apart from Onyx 1:43 cars), and I love it! :happy :yahoo

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
And the last shot...

I have to say that I can't believe how good the car is. It is a few years old now, yet still holds its head high against the current crop of AUTOart releases. I think that they got this car spot-on.

Thanks, :cheers

Attachments

G

·
Great addition Anders.....welcome to the club.
i agree A/A did a good job on these cars,i'm surprised you did not do the engine shot :giggle
love your shots of it to :nicejob

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Going by your banner, I'm guessing you like this car lol. Congratulations, Anders - it's a beauty!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I feel quite embarassed, but I can't get the engine cover open...! :scared I have removed the two screws underneath the rear section, but it won't budge. I have tried everything except prising it apart with a sharp object. Any ideas? And exactly how is it supposed to open? Where is it hinged?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Maybe it's a prototype of their future sealed models

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Congrats Anders! :cheers

So that's where those driver names are! I'm gonna check out my #27 tonight :giggle

Please be careful when opening the engine cover, even though I've never opened both of mine, but the stories are that they're VERY hard to take out...

I was once thinking that I should get all the AUTOart GT-ones, but no space! So I had to settle for the two Tsuchiya cars only :D

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
My heartiest of congrats to you Anders for your first GT-One!! :cheers :cheers It is a beauty even after all these years. After I read Luciano's review of his, I was convinced I had to add one to my collection. The cockpit is done much better than I could have imagined. As for the engine cover, I seem to recall it's a little bit easier to remove than the CLK GTR's (blue Original Teile). I'll take a look this evening and see if I can pop mine off to give you any tips.

G

·
Congrats on finally getting a GT-One. I too wanted to get a whole set of GT-Ones but unlike Gary, I lack the funds to buy them. :giggle

Gary, are you confusing the GT-One engine cover with the CLK-GTR cover? My GT-One engine cover comes off pretty easily... But my CLK-GTR is still in their boxes. :giggle

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
.... you lack the funds because you buy all the new AUTOart models, whereas I only buy one or two :wink :lol

No no, I'm pretty sure ppl have said the GT-one is hard to open as well, not as hard as the CLK-GTR's, but still pretty freaking hard...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Felix, I appreciate it. I feel somewhat embarassed, and thought it was my stupidity....

Thanks also LHD, Eddie and Gary. They are great cars. I want to get the entire set, and have no doubt that I will at some stage.

G

·
i found it easier to take a firm hold either side of the cover and slide off......carefully.
it's still quite stiff though....you have to'feel' it off Anders

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Anders! Welcome to the GT - One Owners' Club my friend!

The engine cowls are a bit tight, but from memory some rearward and upward pressure should see them free.

I have to say your pics are amazing. I'm really glad that this baby is in your hands now.

Now for the other five eh? :tempted

Mark

1 - 20 of 38 Posts