DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Why wouldn't RUF be interested? Surely it would raise $$$$ as well as increasing awareness of their product.
A manufacturer such as AUTOart could produce a quality model that would sell in comparitively small numbers; so RUF needn't be worried about their brand image being devalued by cheapo low grade models being sold for $10 in thrift stores.

It's a pain in the @** when car firms won't play ball!!! :ranting

G

·
Thanks Eric. I guess either they missed it or they realize Techart might be another probably canadidate after you sent them that e-mail!

·
Registered
923 Posts
That really sucks. :cry I agree with JWP about modelling RUFs being a good way for RUF to raise a bit more money as well as raise awareness of their cars.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I think RUF's shooting themselves in the foot. A model car for a car company is a logical way of advertising. Hopefully, they don't change their mind and say "Yes" to Hot Wheels. :scared

G

·
Thats a bit of a shame, but I think RUF did not want to go through all the paper work and things that involve the photographing of their cars/ blueprints and such even though the effort required to do these things is not too much... :cool

G

·
damn,
would be nice to see some RUF diecast

I can understand the fact that it won't boost ther sales, but wouldn't it bring RUF more money, c'mon, how can you say no to more money?

G

·
The Ruf Company as well as their clientele is a introvert and unique inner circle. Even the Porsche crowd looks at them with a starry eye.

A model car wouldn't help nor hurt this product line.

I think Ali came the closest with a mention of photographs and mechanicals. Very reminiscent of the Saleen S7, it has no engine in any of the scale models as the company was against their engine being reproduced.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Well, since RUF is out of the game as far as AUTOart is concerned, I hope Brabus or even Kleeman takes their place. :mine I, for one, wouldn't mind a Brabus model car.

G

·
They should just let Autoart go ahead with production. This way they can have their toys and we can have ours. They don't need the money or the recognition then great, AUTOart can just leave the name off or donate royalty money to their favorite charity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.