DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...so I decided to have fun and took out a Miasto kit that I had bought a while back.
You might recognise it as starting out as the kit version of the "Target" Cobra.
Here is what I did:
-Swapped the top with a Yellow '99 GT. (not as easy as the Chevelles or Camaros as the tops are ribbited on).
-Blacked out the gray wheels (it comes with two sets and the chrome factories are still fine)
-Lowered it 2 coil turns all the way arounf
-Detailed some of the interior with paint.
-Used the flock-in carpet. (I do not lke the result and I am going to re do it.
-Black washed the engine and rotors.

So this yellow Vert is a 1 of 1. :giggle and make it the 10th Maisto '03 Cobra in my collection. It still a work in progress as I hurried it up to take the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Al, I think it looks great! Great minds think alike as Mark, (StJoeKid) came in last night with a 2003 'Vert like that only silver and a Maisto '69 Talladega as a gift to me. The first thing I thought of on the 'Vert was "I'm going to paint the wheels black." And low and behold you have done that to yours. . . :giggle

G

·
Very wicked looking Terminator...I'd like to see a 1:18 version of this: Theres an all black 1:1 ragtop, with black anodized wheels, and black anodized exhaust tips with a rowdy exhaust note, that prowls around here!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Old thread, but I just never quite liked the look of this car, so I reverted it back to the factory chromed wheels.

Here is what it looked like:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is what it looks like now: (Which leave me with a set of blacked out wheels, what to do, what to do?)

Attachments

G

·
To be sure, Al ,that looks far better.
It really turned out stunning. The yellow and chrome looks really good. :10
:cheers

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Hi Al!

I like the chrome better than the black wheels on this yellow Mustang. Have you thought about painting the wheels white? May look pretty good.

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Good idea! :goodidea: Maybe someone with PS skills can save me the wheels just in case it does not look good. Anyone?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Looks MUCH better without the black wheels, but then what car doesn't?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.