DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize the reason or the thing
that pushed me over the edge with diecast cars is the nissan skyline.
I love this car. i even dream about driving one.
i have 3 copies of 2fast 2 furious (vhs, dvd, vcd ) because i love the opening sequence.

When i saw the car in the shop... i had to buy it!

i even place it on top of the TV while i watched the movie (again!)

when i played need for speed underground... you guessed it ... i drove the skyline!

currently i have 3 nissan skyline at 1:18
- ERTL 2fast2furious skyline
- Pitwork Castrol skyline 2002
- Calsonic skyline 2002

I have 2 on the way
- 2001 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Nismo Z tuned
- the grand turismo skyline
both AUTOart

1 hotwheels (1:72 i think?... you know the small one)
Blinged out

I try to get a small hotwheels version of my "18s"

So.... anyone else as obsessed as me or I'm not that crazy after all
Let me know what car REALLY GETS YOU GOING!

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Porsche 917 for me, i have just about every version made except for 2 and some of the lower cost Uh's.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Jim has already every E class..so now he can start with the new S....
At this moment...I love the 190E series....already have 6 of them...and the Saubers C9 (8 in total)...and every other Merc..... :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do really like the E-Class, but for me the S just edges it. I was lucky enough to drive the E-Class below a couple of weeks ago, and I do much prefer the S. However, as far as 1:18 goes the E is probably ahead as the AUTOart S500 is so poor.

Gunther - As soon as AUTOart release the regular S-Classes I shall be getting them. I've noticed your impresive C9 collection before, and I hope you do get all of the 190s.

:cheers

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Well, I guess my screen name says it all :giggle The Ford GT is by far my favorite car, with the style, performance and heritage all making one h*ll of a car! :happy

Sometimes I just like to stand next to the model and stare at it looking at the gorgeous profile! :yahoo :shipwrecked

And I'm still thrilled Autoart made one in 1:18 and it isn't sealed :giggle I now have the 1:18 production version, the GT Concept in 1:18 and now I'm searching for the 1:64 Matchbox in red/white...but no luck yet :pullhair :hot

I also have 5 Murcielago's :giggle And 2 2002-03 Thunderbirds, and 2 new C6's.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
For me.....

...the General Lee was my first love and I'm still pretty much in love with it!!!

I got the original version (with the antenna :nana ) and the black limited edition General Lee.

If I listen to myself, I would get every version that was available or still available on the market!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered the same one... AUTOart red and white.... i just when with AUTOart... i could not decide between the Beanstalk, hot wheels version... mind you.. i only see these on the net and order them via the local diecast shop connections.

do you think that was a good decision?

i read a review that raves about the beanstalk version.
i just thought.. AUTOart what could go wrong?...

unless we go into the 1:12 version that blow everything out of the water!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont really have a favourite model , if I had to pick one it would be the 911 series of Porsches .

As a Make it has to be Porsche and I currently have 152 Porsches in my collection :happy

I also have the same car in multiple colours .

3 993 Targa`s
3 993 Carreras
3 993 GT2s
4 Porsche Cayennes
9 Porsche Boxsters etc etc

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
I'm a Skyline nut myself as well...

I have:

KPGC10 Skyline 2000GTR thin wheel (wide wheel will be forthcoming)
R32 Skyline GTR gunmetal
R34 Skyline midnight purple
R34 Skyline GTR R-tune Gran Turismo version
R34 Skyline GTR Z-tune
R34 Skyline 2001 JGTC Xanavi Hiroto

I'm only missing the VspecII in blue (with window) and the KPGC10 racers. The KPGC110's stupid Kyo still hasn't released... :pullhair

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I think you made the right decision :cheers They are all great models but the AUTOart to me is the best because its the true production version of the GT, where the Hot Wheels/Beanstalk is the Concept. It has really good detail though too! Like real metal mesh nearly everywhere, an excellent interior and the look is perfect! The stance is spot on :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I have a few that I have gone overboard with:
I have 10 different Maisto '03 Cobras.
8 Ertl 71-73 Mustangs and and a total of 18 71-73 Mustangs.
14+ '71-'72 Maisto Chevelles.
14+ Ertl '69-70 Shelbys.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Yeah skylines are cool, I have a couple :giggle & I know another member "Anders" also might have some...........................room left with all the Skylines he has.

:cheers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.