DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I started useing Meguiar's Quick Wax in the spray bottel so far it is working real good on my cars no spots on them. Doese not even leave a flim on the windows. Doese anyone else use Meguiar's Waxes on there car and how is it on your cars??

G

·
I use the Meguiars Detailers Kit and its awesome. I have not found anything better.

Befroe I got the kit, I was using meguiars from off the shelf as it is essentially the same thing :cheers

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DiecastX said:
I use the Meguiars Detailers Kit and its awesome. I have not found anything better.

Befroe I got the kit, I was using meguiars from off the shelf as it is essentially the same thing :cheers
Thanks Darrick.
What do you mean off the shelf??

G

·
Dennis said:
DiecastX said:

Thanks Darrick.
What do you mean off the shelf??
Off the shelf meant at any auto pars store. :cheers

G

·
I've been using Meguiar Quik Detailer in a spray bottle for quite a while now. It's supposed to be something you use between waxing to keep the shine. It works well for me. I use it on every new models I get. Spray it on a soft polishing cloth and apply then buff lightly. I don't use it on windshields or windows though as they tend to scratch easily. It helps repel dust and leaves a good shine.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TMD96 said:
I've been using Meguiar Quik Detailer in a spray bottle for quite a while now. It's supposed to be something you use between waxing to keep the shine. It works well for me. I use it on every new models I get. Spray it on a soft polishing cloth and apply then buff lightly. I don't use it on windshields or windows though as they tend to scratch easily. It helps repel dust and leaves a good shine.
Thanks Tom D. :cheers

G

·
You're welcome Dennis. Another thing I like about it is that I can reapply it several time to a model without worrying about too much wax buildup. I've read somewhere that after certain length of time, wax tend to turn yellow due to chemical decomposition. If you do use wax, it might be best if you avoid those containing acrylics and polymers and use a natural carnauba wax which I believe Meguiars are. I read this:

"Acrylics and polymers are essentially plastics. Plastics are a man-made substance made from petroleum. Plastics have their place, but we do not feel it should be on your car's finish.

When you use a natural carnauba wax, the paint is allowed to expand and contract naturally; the carnauba does not impede this process. However, plastics are a molecular "chain" that interlocks with the molecular "chains" next to them, so that no individual "chain" can move without all of the "chains" moving together. Because of this, plastics do not allow the paint to naturally expand and contract and can cause premature paint failure. This failure will show up in the form of cracked paint, sometimes also called "spider webbing" because of its look.

One last problem with plastic-based products is that they layer and build. With a carnauba-based product the wax does not build up in layers; each new application leaves a constant amount of wax on the car, regardless of how many times you apply it. With plastics, one layer builds on top of the existing layer; this can cause discoloration or yellowing of your car's finish."

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I first go over my cars with Meguiar's Medallion Series "Premium Paint Cleaner" which is perfect for getting the sticky crap from AUTOart off and also very good at bringing back a deep shine if the paint is dull. It also removes al th oily film that is on a lot of cars.
Then I go over it with Medallion "Premium Paint Protection" for a fantastic finish.
I can't tell you how happy I am with the results.
This really work well with the lower end stuff like Welly, Maisto and so on.

I did the Maisto black Mustang SVT and I couldn't get over the difference!

I first tried it on a very faded Bburago Ferrari that I thought was done for :crying

After about 20-30 Minutes of work, It has a very deep gloss to it!

Well worth the time it takes and now, I make a point to do every car I get.

I find it very enjoyable to bring out a couple of cars and work on them in the evening while watching a movie or something.

Maybe I need some serious help :confused :lol

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Max Power said:
I first go over my cars with Meguiar's Medallion Series "Premium Paint Cleaner" which is perfect for getting the sticky crap from AUTOart off and also very good at bringing back a deep shine if the paint is dull. It also removes al th oily film that is on a lot of cars.
Then I go over it with Medallion "Premium Paint Protection" for a fantastic finish.
I can't tell you how happy I am with the results.
This really work well with the lower end stuff like Welly, Maisto and so on.

I did the Maisto black Mustang SVT and I couldn't get over the difference!

I first tried it on a very faded Bburago Ferrari that I thought was done for :crying

After about 20-30 Minutes of work, It has a very deep gloss to it!

Well worth the time it takes and now, I make a point to do every car I get.

I find it very enjoyable to bring out a couple of cars and work on them in the evening while watching a movie or something.

Maybe I need some serious help :confused :lol
:lol :lol . I take care of my Die cast better then my room. :giggle :giggle :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Racer said:
Do you use on your Racing models? If so, how does it affect decals especially on edges?

Thanks,
Mike
Gerat question. I was wondering about that myself.

G

·
I have yet to use it on any of my racing models. I use the detailers spray for that.

Some of my other models have decals with very fragile edges, its a matter of being careful when polishing around them. I usually wipe away from the decals as not to lift it up anymore :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Most of my racers are tampoed so it doesn't affect them at all.
I would be afraid to try it on a decaled car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts