DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking to buy a 1964 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, but,
i checked both of the yatming and Kyosho.
i know that kyosho is better but, in the pics, the yatming also looks fine.
there is double price difference between them. so,

which one do you prefere? :confused

:feedback :feedback :feedback

... : ..shelby kyosho... : ..

... : ..shelby yatming... : ..

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
There's also a new version out, from Shelby Collectibles. I haven't checked the detail between it and the other two versions, though.

Tough choice, but between the Kyosho and the Yat Ming, I'd go Kyosho.

:mine

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
There is also 427 offered from Shelby Collectables. From details stand point, it maybe better than Yat Ming. I was able to pick one up from eBay for $5.50, so I am extremely happy about that. Also, the car I got is dark, dark blue, which is almost black. Kinda interesting :happy

Check the Muscle Car section of the forum, there are some pix floating around.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Normally, I always go for the higher quality maker. I know that the Cobra is made by: Yat Ming, Kyosho, Ertl, Exoto (too expensive), Majorette and now Shelby Collectibles.

I went with the Yat Ming version. I know they're cheap but their version is really good for $25.

There is something in the Kyosho version that bugs me (I don't know what :confused , but I've always felt like this about their Cobra...maybe it's the wheels...I don't know);

Ertl doesn't do it for me;

Exoto is way too expensive when you have excellent quality somewhere else;

Majorette...well, they made 1 version, never seen it but, I don't consider that brand as serious diecast maker;

Shelby Collectibles ...fresh new, never seen it neither.

...But hey!!! ....It's just my opinion... but I respect it!!! :wink

I don't know which color you are thinking to get but if you want to see an alternative to the blue one, here's some pictures of mine (Yat Ming).....Hope it will help you decide.... :cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Finally...

·
Registered
187 Posts
The pics of the YatMing Cobra above are either of a modified one, or that's a lucky exception, as all the YM ones I've seen (including mine) have very poorly done wheels. By that I mean they're vrey wobbly and the stick out waaaaay too much from the body (not to mention the lack of brake discs/calippers).

My advice would be, if u've got the money, go for the Kyosho... If you're on a budget, go for the ERTL - and be prepared for a little manual improvement - which shouldn't be too hard and the results would be extremely rewarding; just look at Eddie's (cobalt1959) ERTL Cobra http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/index...topic=25291&hl=

:cheers

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thx to you all guys.

i saw from the pics and my opinion is :

Kyosho > ERTL >Yatming

i was thinking that ERTL should be very detailed on shelby but, not much as Kyo :confused
so my choice is Kyo ... thx again :cheers :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I would recommend the Shelby Collectibles version without hesitation.

To my eyes, the best looking 427 Cobra available :nicejob

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
i think you are right luciano,
the right order is : Kyo > Yat > ERTL :giggle

the connection points of the headlights have black spots :confused (in ERTL) and the tires have only embossed mark, no any seal .....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.