DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Oak244
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the 30% off coupon for the Holiday Exoto is running, I am considering placing an order. I Collect non race version cars only, so I am limited in what I order from Exoto. I was just wondering of your Exoto cars, which do you think is the most detailed, or intresting? Like which one do you find you are drawn to look at the most? I have the Porsche 934 RSR in Black and in Interlagos Red. I used to own one of the Daytona Cobra's as well. I have never seen one of the Vettes, Porsche 935, Ford GT40 or the Cobra. Of those which would you call a Must before the rest out of those? If I order from Exoto it would be a Black Gt40, or Porsche 935 in Red. If a Vette or Cobra in street trim are the must, I will shop elsewhere as $289.00 and up seems beatable elswhere.

·
Oak244
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also saw on the list of Exoto Cars a 1969 Camaro. Are they really going to make that car? Geeesh if so.. lol So many companies already make that car, I do not see it being a great venture for Exoto based on thier prices. I always thought Lane did a very good job with those type of cars, and can be had on e-bay for a fraction of the Exoto price.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Every week there's another coupon, so I'll suggest you to wait to the 50% coupon.
I would buy the blac 934 RSR, the next Exoto on my list.
BTW, I have the GT40 MKII, I can promise you you won't be sorry. it's the most closest model to perfection, at least at my collection.

:cheers

G

·
I would go for a Black or red 935 to go with your 934 .

Look on Ebay at Exoto`s own sellers page , they sell the cars at much less than retail .

Exoto1 is their Id .

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I think he means the $50 coupon, I don't believe I've ever seen a 50% coupon. :confused

Anyway, my order of preference would be the Sauber Mercedes C9 followed by the GT 40 MK IV and then the GT 40 MK II. :happy

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Another way of getting Exotos without going broke, or at least going broke more slowly, is to watch "classicspeed1" on ebay. This is Exoto's site where they sell damaged models, usually for at least 50% off. And many sound as if they only have very minor and easily repairable damage. For example, I am awaiting delivery of a Chapparal 2 E which I bought for $122 because it has a"loose passenger window". Exoto normally sells it for $240. A Sauber mercedes C9 with a "broken or detached drivers seat" went for $125 a couple days ago and one with a broken gear shift went for a similar price. :nicejob

If your not a perfectionist or can repair models, this might be a good site to watch. Just please don't bid against me! :giggle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.