DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have seen this on Ebay Germany....A guy who just sold an empty box, no car in it, and he still got 20 Euro (USD 24) for it....
So ifyou're desperately in need for some cash...empt your attic and out with the boxes

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Well if someone need a box....I'm sure that, people at the beginning of their collection, didn't kept the boxes.....I know I didn't for the first 5 or 6.....

I still have 1 model out of 241 that doesn't have a box (the 3rd model I bought)...Maisto Ferrari 348 TS.

And if people are crazy enough to pay $2000 for an X-Box 360, just for the thrill to get one before everybody else then....I'm sure there's some people that don't mind paying $30 for an empty box...

But hey.....That's just my opinion....but I stick with it! :wink

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with you Jeff, but it isn't even an old box...just a brand new of a model still available..... :confused

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yes but then again, let's say that you were in the path of Katrina and your basement got flooded and you had that one empty box on your workbench....layin' there because you didn't have the time to find it a place to store it.....

...or you came back from a trip (plane) and you bought that model but the box got crush in your luggage, you can't return it because it to the store because it 's not their fault....

Or you bought a new house, and during moving, your box get damages...

I mean there can be a few dozens of reasons to get a spare box.....

....but it can also mean that the bidders didn't know it's was just the box! :wink

G

·
Well Im not German , nor do I speak German but even I understand that the title says Origional packaging from Mercedes 190 Evo .

Im sure others arent stupid either

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
The important question is this: is this the Merceds or Mercedes box? I would NEVER buy a box with the wrong engine block.

G

·
The buyer has already left a positive feedback for this empty box auction, so apparently nobody was fooled here... :tease

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I give the empty boxes and the plastic car bases to our maid who barters it for garlic.

G

·
My dealer imported loads of empty AUTOart boxes as some of the boxes were damaged. each box costed him around $2. So I think 20 euros is a quite on the higher side...

G

·
lol, all that just for one box

but then again, that guy could sell that car with the box, and gain a nice profit :lol

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Winston, does your maid get a good deal with the barters? Cause I heard onions are worth more on the 2nd hand market...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts