DiecastXchange Forum banner
601 - 620 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
They're different wheels compared to the blue car, I doubt they'll fix the PCD on the blue car.
Also, what is it with the thick A pillars on their new releases? Makes it look like a much smaller scale.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
This is pretty cool. One day I will definitely take the plunge on an Ignition model! Pics from Hobby Search:

It's only a short step to the BTCC version, if anyone from Ignition is reading

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Thats is super cool! I hope they do one of the racing AE86`s too. Boxy cars <3

Edit: You mentioned BTCC, spiky, I think its weird we dont get any (more) models from the golden age (IMO) of BTCC, like super touring and beyond. I desperately want a super touring E36, so much infact I would even consider a Minichamps ...

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
The Starion shown is the later wide body version.
It wasn't raced in group A, by the time this car arrived Mitsubishi had withdrawn from the AJTCC.
Competition from the RS500 - and even the M3 - had passed it by.
And anyway, Rallyart never really embraced touring car racing, being more focused on rallying.
It has two seats, so it may have been rallied in Japan or that region (although I doubt on those BBS wheels).
Rallyart were busy developing the 4 wheel drive group A Galant VR4 at this time.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I suspect it's just a tuned roadgoing Starion rather than a race version.

@lateapex I think it was Ignition that did the JTCC Nissan Primeras a while back, that would've been an easy conversion to make the BTCC version. I agree that it was the golden age!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I'll start by saying I'm not a fan of RWB/widebody stuff. But this is just fantastic!
(pics from Hobby Search)

As well as the Rothmans inspired colours, they're also doing the Apple 935 colours and a Martini version:

I had a quick Google around these, and it seems like the Martini livery is the only one on a real 993 RWB - I can only find the other liveries on 964s.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Was anyone on here able to get the Nismo R32 with the RB26? I was lucky enough to secure one! Now they are doing the R31 with an RB engine next week, love the way that engine looks so i'll be a sucker and try to secure one of those too.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Congrats Emil, I also managed to get one. The CRS GT-Rs just look soo bad ass. I kick myself every time I see the R34 CRS, I had so many chances to pick up one when it was released but I didn't go for it.
I saw the R31 that's coming up next as well, but haven't decided yet. The spec looks pretty nice.
These webshop limited versions aren't exactly cheap, so need to restrain myself at times.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Congrats to you aswell! They sold out very quickly didn't they.

I've managed to sell the only two 1/43 models I had so managed to clear some funds for other models. It's slowly becoming a one in one out policy for me to keep it managed. I did have the TS R33 with Smokey model, but the owner of the actual car reached out to me as he was after one so it got sold to him at cost price aswell

·
Administrator
33,294 Posts
I was going to buy their Nissan R35 GT-R Japanese Police car, but I missed the release date and it has sold out. There is another one coming up with a traffic police figure, so I might see about getting that one. On the whole though I can't be arsed with their flakey release dates and missing out. I'd rather just be able to buy a model and not piss around being in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was going to buy their Nissan R35 GT-R Japanese Police car, but I missed the release date and it has sold out. There is another one coming up with a traffic police figure, so I might see about getting that one. On the whole though I can't be arsed with their flakey release dates and missing out. I'd rather just be able to buy a model and not piss around being in the right place at the right time.
100% agree. Though I think the model with the police officer figure has also been released? Thankfully the times that they are released is when I finish work, so just stay logged on for a few minutes more to try and secure one. Failed with the TAS R34 (which sells for insane amounts now :() but got this atleast.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The last 3 web specials were briefly on 1999.co.jp. The 32 sold out before I loaded the website out, R31 a short while after. The R35 with police figure is also sold now ;)

601 - 620 of 647 Posts