DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
This one started as the AutoWorld bronze 1969 Dodge Charger R/T SE. I added more detailed Mopar Magnums with white letter tires and lowered the front to give it a more aggressive stance.

Here it is before(not my pic)

After

Until next time thanks for looking!!!!

Mitchell

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Cool iconic muscle and lovely colour Mitch!
Thanks for pix!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Where did you get the wheels? I thought about buying this car and the 1970 triple blue (blue exterior/interior/stripe) Charger R//T SE and installing the two sets of GMP Magnum tires/wheels that I have laying around waiting for a project like this. The GMP wheels look SO much better, but I doubt we'll ever see any more of them made since GMP lost the Plymouth molds when it went under (at least as far as I know). I have the 1968 Charger in Bright Red that was released around the same time as this Charger, and I put Highway 61 Magnums (with the correct for 1968 chrome finish) on it. Only trouble is, the Highway 61 tires are wider and the wheel may be slightly oversized, so I had to glue the wheels in place and the fit in the wheel wells is really tight. That's why I'm looking forward to getting the 1969 and 1970 models- the GMP wheels will be correct for them, they should be an easy fit, and I should be able to modify the original wheel hubs to make the wheels roll on both cars.

You did a great job! I can't emphasize enough how much better the car looks with these wheels!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you get the wheels? I thought about buying this car and the 1970 triple blue (blue exterior/interior/stripe) Charger R//T SE and installing the two sets of GMP Magnum tires/wheels that I have laying around waiting for a project like this. The GMP wheels look SO much better, but I doubt we'll ever see any more of them made since GMP lost the Plymouth molds when it went under (at least as far as I know). I have the 1968 Charger in Bright Red that was released around the same time as this Charger, and I put Highway 61 Magnums (with the correct for 1968 chrome finish) on it. Only trouble is, the Highway 61 tires are wider and the wheel may be slightly oversized, so I had to glue the wheels in place and the fit in the wheel wells is really tight. That's why I'm looking forward to getting the 1969 and 1970 models- the GMP wheels will be correct for them, they should be an easy fit, and I should be able to modify the original wheel hubs to make the wheels roll on both cars.

You did a great job! I can't emphasize enough how much better the car looks with these wheels!
I got the wheels and tires off eBay a while back. There were 3 sets in one auction. I love using these wheels and tires on these Ertl Authentics and AutoWorld Chargers! They look way more realistic than the magnums that originally came on it. I also have the triple blue 1970 Charger, and highly recommend it! The paint on it is fantastic!!

Heres mine:

http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/115737-blue-1970-dodge-charger-rt-se-wheel-swap-done/

Thanks for the comments!

Mitchell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.