DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Here is the lastest mod. It started life as an AutoWorld General Lee(thinner paint release). I used NPR to weather the flag on top, as if this was an original GL used in the series, that was found with the flag being in unrestored shape, and the rest of the car was completely restored to give it a back story. I painted the tan interior in black and added dog dishes with white letter tires. The fronts are stock dog dishes but the backs I added a lip to in order for them to fit the wider tires. I also added a chin spoiler for some aggression.

Until next time thanks for looking!!!!

Mitchell

·
Registered
580 Posts
Dang...looks great. How did you add a lip to the rear wheels?
When I modded the GMP dog dishes for my blue 1970, I have to remove the wheel lip on the back of the wheel. I used my dremel and butchered them, but surprisingly they stayed intact. I then sanded them down so they were smooth and glued them to the existing dog dishes. Then I just painted them and done. :)

Mitchell

·
Registered
598 Posts
Dang...looks great. How did you add a lip to the rear wheels?
When I missed the GMP dog dishes for my blue 1970, I have to remove the wheel lip on the back of the wheel. I used my dremel and butchered them, but surprisingly they stayed intact. I then sanded them down so they were smooth and glued them to the existing dog dishes. Then I just painted them and done. :)

Mitchell
[/quote]
I understand. I'm guessing you also used the ertl cuda tires as well? Looks great with the wider wheels and tires in the back.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Another fantastic mod Mitchell............I'm thinking you like Chargers!

Seriously thou it does look fantastic.

Ray

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.