DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
VAG Enthusiast
61 Posts
Hi All. Thought I'd set up a thread with my photo catalogue from Flickr. Enjoy.

To view the catalogue itself in flickr and gain access to the 1920x1280 versions, click here

These were shot using this light box…

In my busy little box of an office. It's off to the right in this shot, but this shows some of the models in their (less than desirable) open display…

·
VAG Enthusiast
61 Posts
Oh, yeah. I forgot that I retouched that in. It was one of the first shots I took along with the E46 M3 street. I should post the proper untouched version.

Edit: Just looked for the original shot. Doesn't look like I kept the RAW, and my .PSD version had that layer flattened. :(

·
VAG Enthusiast
61 Posts
Fantastic picture! What camera and lens do you use?
Thanks D. The camera is a Nikon D90. Most of them were shot with a 18-200 lens, I usually didn't use anything higher than about 30, but as I've now learnt, keeping it around 18 and under is best. I also have a Tokina 11-16 wide angle which I've been using to create more dramatic angles like so…

I'm relatively new to photography, but have been using Apple Macs & Photoshop since 1995. That was before photoshop had layers - that was hell. Learning a bit more about composition now I'm here and seeing everyone else's work.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Really amazing pictures.

Most of it can easily be inside the 1/1's brochure and no one would have a clue it was 1/18!!

Keep them coming man!

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Awesome photos! Mind of I use some for my PC desktop?
Any info on your photo booth setup?

·
VAG Enthusiast
61 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll update my first post with photos of the little booth I have.

To be honest, it's not all that flexible for shooting models. I've since modified (safely) the lighting with some tracing paper to help diffuse the lighting. I'm starting to consider building my own version in the garage which will be a little more flexible lighting wise. This light booth uses 2 fluro lights mounted to the ceiling. I also tend to shoot without the front panel. It limits my angles too much. As you can tell, I come at them from all sorts of crazy angles.

And yes, you can use them as desktop wallpaper if you wish. I can't govern personal use anyway. :)

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Very crispy shoots Illektronik !! but you knew that
and good post processing

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Very crispy shoots Illektronik !! but you knew that
and good post processing
+100

The Miura lp400 and the VW cabrio will do for me!!

Oh and excellent 'office' - looks more like a recording studio (with integral footwear department!!!)

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
fantastic pics...somebody mentioned your lighting in the Porsche 904 thread. It is indeed excellent.

I don't know what it is, but that shot of the Audi A8 TDI keeps catching my eye. Bravo!

·
VAG Enthusiast
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys.

Yeah Gavin, that A8 has a killer interior. The HDR just help bring it out some.

LOL @ mairandeddy, I've not written anything for a few years now actually. I can't bring myself to put it all away. It's rare I even fire it up now days. It's my office as I work from home.

G

·
Outstanding images my friend. Do you use High Dynamic Range photo processing, your images have the look and feel of HDR.

I amazed how much my collection mirrors yours, well done! BTW who makes this Lambo? TIA!

·
Banned
900 Posts
I think the Lambo is resin MR... Looks great!

You have amazing skills, the pictures look incredible! I wish I could get a light box... where can I find it? Is it very expensive? (I´m quite the amateur in photography and also quite clueless about equipment)

G

·
I think the Lambo is resin MR... Looks great!

You have amazing skills, the pictures look incredible! I wish I could get a light box... where can I find it? Is it very expensive? (I´m quite the amateur in photography and also quite clueless about equipment)
All kind of light boxes on eBay. Just search light box :)

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
You want that MR Aventador now don't you Davide?lol

Great looking office but you definitely need some dust free displays lol

1 - 20 of 77 Posts