DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, out of town visitors really cut into my alone time on the PC. Now that things are quiet again, I can finally get my life back to normal!

I see we've passed the magic 100k post barrier, at which time I said I'd celebrate by buying a digicam. I looked at some last night and will be happy to report I'll be making a purchase on Saturday, once I get caught up with my rest. Nothing too expensive or exciting, but I'll finally be able to share some images with you patient folks. So now, you've only got a few more days to wait.

Oh yeah, and I rebuilt the carb on my 1:1 MG and couldn't be happier with the results. It just passed emissions testing here , so I finally registered the l'il sucker, which means springtime should be a whole lotta fun. I love convertibles, even if I look like a world class tit driving them.

Til later, I'm catching up and the wee bit of posts I've missed.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Glad you are back online and that all is well :nicejob

Make sure to include a pic of your MG too! :giggle

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome back Tifosi. Good to hear that your MG is drivable, you know that us "World Class Tit" convertible drivers have to stick together :cheers :cheers :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
road warrior said:
back dude,
what sort of MG do you have?
I've got a '79 MGB. Cool car, still needs a little work, though. I'm actually contemplating adding a S/C to it soon. Can never have too much power, eh?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TifosiF1 said:
I've got a '79 MGB. Cool car, still needs a little work, though. I'm actually contemplating adding a S/C to it soon. Can never have too much power, eh?
A Moss Supercharger?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getter 3 said:
TifosiF1 said:
A Moss Supercharger?
Moss/Jackson racing...from Brit-tek. That's where I've ordered my stuff from in the past as well: stage 3 cam, ordered (but not yet installed) Weber "outlaw" carb, with Peco exhaust, engine rebuild kits, clutch kits, etc, etc. I wanted to get the emissions test passed before I started messing around with the new carb, since I've become fairly adept at tuning the old Zenith-Stromberg. I'm also toying with the idea of ordering a cross-flow aluminum head as well.

What fun is a car if ya don't get to work on it? The only problem is that the S/C is nearly the price I paid for the car to start with. :eek:hmy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moss/Jackson racing...from Brit-tek. That's where I've ordered my stuff from in the past as well: stage 3 cam, ordered (but not yet installed) Weber "outlaw" carb, with Peco exhaust, engine rebuild kits, clutch kits, etc, etc. I wanted to get the emissions test passed before I started messing around with the new carb, since I've become fairly adept at tuning the old Zenith-Stromberg. I'm also toying with the idea of ordering a cross-flow aluminum head as well.
Sounds like a nice Summer project. :happy

BTW, do you have a pic of your MGB ?

What fun is a car if ya don't get to work on it? The only problem is that the S/C is nearly the price I paid for the car to start with.
I know what you mean. The S/C for my Toyota costs $3300 (not including the costs of additional item to properly tune it). Horsepower = $$$$

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
TifosiF1 said:
road warrior said:
back dude,
what sort of MG do you have?
show us your car!!!

Getter 3, wat toyota u got?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
:welcom2 back, TifosiF1! Congratulations on your good fortune! :danbanna

1 - 15 of 15 Posts