DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share some photos of my AUTOart 1:18 Possum Bourne Subaru Impreza WRX Saxon Safari of Tasmania 1999, LE of 3000 with COA, Thanks to Biante Australia & the Bourne family this model was made.

A true New Zealand Hero, & was always willing to take time out for his fans.

A little history on the Possum. Born on the 13th April 1956.

His 1st rally championship win was in his home country of NZ in 1991

He then went on to win,
The Asia-Pacific rally championship in 93,94 & 2000.
The Australian rally championship in 92,96,97,98,99,2000,2001 & 2002
The 1994 Hong Kong-Beijing Rally.

It was a sad day for the world of rally when on the 30th of April 2003 we lost one of New Zealand's greatest motor sport hero's in a car accident.

Memories live on forever, just like hero's.

Enjoy the photos.

:cheers

(Remember clicking small photo opens a larger one)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Nice looking addition Mike. Seen an Impreza for the first time with those high profile tires. Another thing that stuck me was that in most rally cars, the driver's name is always put second to the codrivers name on the latter's side. Not the case with this car.

G

·
Very nice, Mike!!! :coolpics
I really like the wheels on this one! :tongue
I need some GC8 street and rally and imprezas in my collection.

:cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Amazing model Mike! :happy

I really like the GC8 rally cars... the 2 doors just seem to be sportier to me... and lighter too :giggle

G

·
Mike that is a gorgeous piece :nicejob

Such a tragic loss to the world of rallying , a great driver indeed :cheers

·
Registered
994 Posts
Awesome model, really beautiful with those wheels...
Winston, I think that the driver's name not being down on the co-driver's side is due to the fact that most Australian cars are RHD... Just not to confuse everybody :giggle

·
1039 and counting
339 Posts
Stunning model. Peter "Possum" Bourne has left a huge gap in rallying that will never be replaced. Memories will live on, RIP Possum.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have just been watching a review of the 2001 Australian Rally Championship - the last year of the WRCars in Australia. Possum was simply awesome.

As a fan of Australian rallying, I miss Possum terribly.
I met him on a couple of occasions (the last time, a month before his death), and he was always there with a smile, would pose for a photo and a chat, and he was a true gentleman. I can't think of a better way to celebrate his career than Biante and Possum Bourne Motorsport combining to produce a model car from his career.

Nice pics Mike. They do this extraordinary car justice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts