DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Never quite understood why Honda did away with the Recaro seats and MOMO steering wheel for the FD2R

Ottomobile Honda Integra Type R DC2
Ottomobile Honda Civic Type R FD2

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Honda R fanboy, excluding the hatchbacks. Still waiting for the CL1 euro R.

Ottomobile Honda Accord Euro R CL7
Ottomobile Honda Integra Type R DC2
Ottomobile Honda Civic Type R FD2
Ottomobile Honda Integra Type R DC5

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Finally got 1 of my holy grails. Windows and windscreen were foggy and had fingerprints on the inside, so had to dismantle the model to clean them with car wax.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ottomobile BMW M5 E39
GT Spirit BMW M8 Gran Coupe
Ottomobile Alpina B12 E38

(Ottomobile Honda Civic FD2R + Ottomobile Honda Integra DC5R & DC2R)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Received my mini haul after 5 months of waiting, first order of business was to check out my first opening model in 13 years, I know the composite range has been around for quite awhile, I missed the 991 GT3RS and Huracan Performante LP640-4. Opening models are great, we get more details, but I don’t want to deal with the paint rash and bubbles, hence I sold my entire metal diecast collection in 2008. And also to raise funds for my grad trip!

the composite models are v light, but this isn’t an issue during static display. I don’t display my models with the doors or bonnet open, so I’ve had no issues with closed resin models. I do like the fact that they’ve replaced the doglegs with v nice hinges and struts, massive improvement over the old design. The usual level of detail I’ve come to expect from AUTOart is present, 1 thing I don’t like about Ottomobile is the shocking inconsistency in the level of details. Lack of perforated grilles in many of their models is disappointing! Smacks of lazyness or cost cutting, just like when AUTOart decided to start making sealed models back then.

paintwork on the lego plastic is quite good, an improvement over the first composite models where it was quite thin. Shutlines are good as well, compared to the Huracan LP610 where the frunk could be closed at varying degrees of flushness with the bumper (or it might just be a problem with the particular one I saw). I’m sufficiently impressed that I’m thinking of getting the Huracan Performante.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Ottomobile Honda Accord Euro R CL7
AUTOart Nissan Skyline GTR R34 V-Spec II BBS
Ottomobile Subaru Impreza WRX STi S206
GT Spirit Porsche 911 991 GT3RS
Ignition Model Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6.5 TME

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
I don’t normally buy black models. But the frozen black and ///M stripes looked great. My first budget resin model back in 2015 which welcomed me back to the hobby, and I realized what I had missed. Namely the Ottomobile M5 E39.

Ottomobile BMW M3 E45 CSL
GT Spirit BMW M4LB F82
GT Spirit BMW M3 E92

http://instagr.am/p/BrHqfQ4lRwd/

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I don’t usually buy black models but my friend gave me a good deal on this so I couldn’t resist. I had the AUTOart red one, I think I prefer the red one but the retail price for this relatively unknown brand is abit too rich for me. Pretty good details though, so perhaps worth the price although i would still rather go for Ignition Model at this price range.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Can’t really see the hinge for this composite release, it’s an improvement over the improved Diecast release. Can’t wait to see what other JDMs AUTOart will be re-releasing in future.

AUTOart Nissan Skyline GTR R34 V-Spec II

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
my fave shade of green which is not dark like BRG, and also doesn’t have a yellow hue

my friend lined the panels black, and also tinted the front indicator lights.

GT Spirit Porsche 911 993 RWB

21 - 40 of 44 Posts