DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time I have one larger, softer light above the model along with using lower ISO numbers and longer shutter speeds. I tried my test pictures with my 550 Maranello(Hot Wheels) because reds are always a bit more difficult to capture, particularly this one!

What do you think??? :happy

G

·
I think the pics look absolutely outstanding.

Not sure which is the best, your outside or inside shots.

What is the model sitting on in the last pic?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Darrick :cheers I thought I had better "perfect" my light tent for winter since I can't go outside :giggle

It's plastic covering for lights I got at Lowes a few years ago. I bought it to redo the kitchen lights underneath the cabinets and had this left over :giggle It makes a nice background, plus it could be used to diffuse lighting for taking pictures too.

I forgot a picture:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I love the lighting and the angle of the shots Justin, especially on the last shot of the rear. I remember that numberplate!

If I might be so bold as to offer some constructive criticism, I would say that you have the same problem with relections as I tend to - across the bonnet and roof on the second shot is an example. I must confess I can't offer a contructive way to get rid of them sadly.

Also, the pictures seem to have a bit of a grainy quality to them. I don't know whether that is a result of file compression, especially on a red car, or whether its due to the shutter speeds and ISO. I remember other pics that have been posted using a longer shutter and they seemed to have the same problem.

That makes it sound as though I hate your pics, but its honestly quite the opposite. I'm only really nitpicking, as I appreciate any comments good and bad on my photos and try to do the same for others.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really appreciate any comments about my pictures as it's the only way to know how I'm doing.

I hate them roof reflections too :silly: I've tried everything to get rid of the darn reflections but nothing really does. I guess we can also look at them as artistic :giggle :confused

I noticed too the grain in the photos which I think it mainly because of the compression. These were 5MP shots at 1.2MB each, scaled to 648x486 and sharpened a bit with CS2 and saved with the quality rating of 9, so some data was lost. Red's are the worst cars to photograph digitally because of this issue, I've found. Not only that, they show reflections almost as bad as black cars do!

I'm going to post a picture of my Ford Lightning in the Trucks and SUV's forum and that's also red. I used a faster shutter speed for that along with a lower ISO so let me know what you think :cheers :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.