DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all !!

Do you know if the AUTOart GT3 RSR will be released in normal edition or in dealer edition ??

Thanks for the feedback !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thomas ,

It will be released as both Dealer and regular versions .
I have the Dealer version on pre order at Porsche , they show it on their parts list but have no stocks as AUTOart have not yet released that car .

Soon I hope , very soon . :cheers

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The presentation 996 GT3 RSR car will be released by AUTOart, as said before, as regular AUTOart and as dealers version.
But AUTOart will also release one version of racing 996 GT3 RSR (Alex Job Racing no. 23 which participated in 12 hrs Sebring 2004 and finished first in GT class and 8th overall) in future. Below is image of real car (from http://racingsportscars.com).
http://racingsportscars.com/photo/2004/Seb...4-03-20-023.jpg

Sorry to have to edit your post.
Please keep the pictures no bigger than 640x480 AND under 60kb so that the forum's layout is easy to use for all members. The 640x480 dimensions ensures that members don't have to scroll side to side to see the whole picture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Lazard, are you saying that AUTOart is going to release another version(this time a GT3 RSR) of the Alex Job Racing no. 23 in addition to the 2003 car they released?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Haven't hear anything myself. But I sure hope so, I would certainly add it... if its a well detailed model for a good price that is :giggle

The two pictures posted aren't the same cars are they. They surely have some variations. I hope that they are different cars anyway.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Hey guys ...
In one of a list of future AUTOart release posted somewhere, it was written, what I mentioned above, it is I talk about racing GT3 RSR!!! Moreover, it is logical that AUTOart will release also a racing version of GT3 RSR when they will for sure release the presentation GT3 RSR car.

And yes, the model in Modelissimo is different to what I am talking about.

My another edit: I have found a list I was talking about - it was posted to the Louis's forum - see the model at the end of the list. Of course, all cars are denoted as GT3R but you know the situation. Important is the year - 2004 and also that the release date is not known now that means that the mould for the model is not made now because no GT3 RSR model was released yet.
In the list there is also Alex Job Racin 2003 which is the model shown above in Modelissimo.
Notice also that there is Racer Group #23 2003 (TBA) in the list!!! Not 2002 (present model). The 2003 car was overall winner of 24 hrs Daytona.

Hope you are now satisfied with my replay. But I have already mentioned all these things in some of my previous posts to this forum.

1/18 PORSCHE 911 GT3 RSR 2004 (WHITE) TBA
1/18 PORSCHE 911 GT3R DAYTONA 24HRS 2002' "RED BULL" QUESTER/RICCITELLI/VOSSE/SAID #7 May 2005
1/18 PORSCHE 911 GT3R DAYTONA 24HRS GT CLASS 2002 WINNER "RACER'S GROUP" BUCKLER/SCHROM/BERNHARD/BERGMEISTER #66 May 2005
1/18 PORSCHE 911 GT3R 24HRS LEMANS GT CLASS 2002 WINNER "RACER'S GROUP" BUCKLER/SCHROM/BERNHARD/BERGMEISTER #66 TBA
1/18 PORSCHE 911 GT3R SEBRING 12HRS 2003' GT CLASS WINNER 2003 'ALEX JOB RACING '#23 June 2005
1/18 PORSCHE 911 GT3R 24HRS DAYTONA OVERALL WINNER 2003'"RACER GROUP"#66 TBA
1/18 PORSCHE 911 GT3R ASIAN CARRERA CUP 2003 WINNER CHARLES KWAN #29 (LIMITED EDITION OF 1000PCS WORLDWIDE) June 2005
1/18 PORSCHE 911 GT3R LEMANS 24 HRS 2003 #84 June 2005
1/18 PORSCHE 911 GT3R SEBRING 12 HRS CLASS WINNER 2004'ALEX JOB RACING '#23 TBA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont want to start a topic for this question, nor do I want to stray this topic out of its intent.

But,

Gt3R - Like the Recaro
Gt3Rs - Like the Kwan
Gt3Rsr - Like the pic that lazard has shown of alex job racer..

Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I dont want to start a topic for this question, nor do I want to stray this topic out of its intent.

But,

Gt3R - Like the Recaro
Gt3Rs - Like the Kwan
Gt3Rsr - Like the pic that lazard has shown of alex job racer..

Is this correct?
Sorry but you are not correct. But I do not have a power to expain it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Lazard,

Do you have any faith in that list? I notice they have a 2002 Lemans Racers Group car that never existed.

You make a mention that the model designation isn't important. I have to adamantly disagree, with there being soooooooooo many racing versions of the GT3, I think its vital in identification of the cars. All of them simply cannot be presented as a GT3 R and call it the day, it doesn't work that way. Half of the collectors(including myself) buying these cars have a hard enough time understanding these designations and its more confusing if the cars are designated as something they are not.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Bernard, the Yokohoma and Recaro are GT3 RS...but they are the same exact car as the other AUTOart GT3 R models...thats what I am talking about.

They have to start designating these models right.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Bernard, the Yokohoma and Recaro are GT3 RS...
Right. You must have in mind that the difference in real factory delivered GT3 R and GT3 RS (I mean teh racing car not the street legal GT3 RS) is only in engine (they are of course some differences made for particular races by owners of the cars). It is, there is no main visual difference between GT3 R and GT3 RS. On the other hand, GT3 RSR has the facelifted front lights (visual difference) in addition to difference in the engine.

Do you have any faith in that list? I notice they have a 2002 Lemans Racers Group car that never existed.

You make a mention that the model designation isn't important. I have to adamantly disagree, with there being soooooooooo many racing versions of the GT3, I think its vital in identification of the cars. All of them simply cannot be presented as a GT3 R and call it the day, it doesn't work that way. Half of the collectors(including myself) buying these cars have a hard enough time understanding these designations and its more confusing if the cars are designated as something they are not.
The list is copied form DX Rocks.com and I of course cannot guarantee that it is for 100% correct. but I think that AUTOart will realy produce a racing version of GT3 RSR.
As for the denotation of the model what I can say&#8230; Not only AUTOart but other manufacturers (e.g. Kyosho with Miura Jota) denote the models not correctly. I understand that you want to buy a model on the basis of its denotation made by the manufacturer of the model. When I buy a model, I try to find information about real car first and then I decide if I buy it or not, na matter how the model is denoted by the manufacturer of the model.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts