DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has seen, or has both the Interlagos Blue dealer version and the recent hobby edition in blue, is it the same blue?

Please help! :lol I can't find any info anywhere about this and I just can't tell from the pictures :giggle

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Exoto offers a special color called "Interlagos Fire" which is dark red. No other company to my knowledge offers any color named "Interlagos", and certainly not in blue!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The real 1:1 M5 can be ordered in Interlagos Blue, and the dealer edition 1:18 2006 M5 can also be bought in IB.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have dealers Interlagos Blue M5 and I have seen pictures of hobby edition M5 Interlagos Blue and the colours seem to me the same. The difference between the model is that in place of registration number there is a registration number in the dealres version and there is "BMW M5". Otherwise the models seems to be the same.
My dealres M5

hobby version of M5 (by Rat):

·
Registered
852 Posts
Almost sure the color is the same.
But, in the hobby edition Kyosho corrected the exsust tips which were too small in the dealer ed.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Well I stand corrected! :shipwrecked I didn't think that "Interlagos" would be used to describe two different colors, but I doubt that BMW sought approval from Exoto to use the name! :giggle

·
Registered
536 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Well, I don't know how Exoto or Standox chose their name, but I think the BMW color gets it's name from the Interlagos race circuit that is the site of the Brazilian GP. Interlagos means "between the lakes" which may explain why chose a blue color for the name.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.