DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I usually collect models from Maisto UT and Autoart. I own only one model of the Minichamps range. The Porsche 904 GTS. It was on sale and my first thoughts of the model were that (quality wise) it was nowhere near the Autoart range. It's price (though being on sale) was somewhat high.

I too found out that some cars from Minichamps which I am interested in are way more expensive than I had expected. The E46 M3 GTR, or the racing Porsche 906 are two models I am very interested in and I'd like to ask if the quality of these 2 particular models is similar to the finest products of Autoart. Thanks in advance
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The E46 M3 GTR is one of the best detailed model i have in my collection. I am no expert on high end detailed diecasts.. but in my opinion, the M3 GTR worth every dime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,963 Posts
M3 E46 GTR and also 906 are great models. Visit my web site (click my banner below) and see images of the models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,432 Posts
Minichamps details are very nice and like any other model, its best not to pay full retail.
The thing with the 904 is, compared to newer and more modern cars, has a lot less going on under the hood and in the interior.
Older cars simply have less to look at.
I do not have the M3 but I do have the 906 and I am very happy with it and how it compares to AUTOart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,381 Posts
Overall I think Minichamps are not quite as good as AUTOart for similar money, but the varied nature of their range in 1:18th makes them well worth getting I think. I have several Minichamps models and I have to say I'm extremely pleased with them! :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,424 Posts
Ronan said:
Overall I think Minichamps are not quite as good as AUTOart for similar money, but the varied nature of their range in 1:18th makes them well worth getting I think. I have several Minichamps models and I have to say I'm extremely pleased with them! :cheers
:iagree I do prefer AUTOart, but Minichamps has some unique models. Overall, I would put them behind AUTOart and Kyosho, but ahead of almost everybody else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,381 Posts
LUW said:
Ronan said:
Overall I think Minichamps are not quite as good as AUTOart for similar money, but the varied nature of their range in 1:18th makes them well worth getting I think. I have several Minichamps models and I have to say I'm extremely pleased with them! :cheers
:iagree I do prefer AUTOart, but Minichamps has some unique models. Overall, I would put them behind AUTOart and Kyosho, but ahead of almost everybody else.
:iagree :iagree :iagree I would also place them just behind AUTOart and Kyosho, but way ahead of most "budget" brands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
LUW said:
Ronan said:
Overall I think Minichamps are not quite as good as AUTOart for similar money, but the varied nature of their range in 1:18th makes them well worth getting I think. I have several Minichamps models and I have to say I'm extremely pleased with them! :cheers
:iagree I do prefer AUTOart, but Minichamps has some unique models. Overall, I would put them behind AUTOart and Kyosho, but ahead of almost everybody else.
:iagree The only Minichamps car I have is the BMW M3 GTR #43 that competed in the American Le Mans. I paid full price for that only because it hasn't been in production for a number of years. Its quality is marginally better than the AUTOart racers I have.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of the 1:18 creations by Minichamps aren't as good as Autoart nor Kyosho. That's a fact. However, they are extremely decent for their asking price. Also, they do create some interesting pieces such as the M1 and the Z1 that no one else would. On top of everything, Minichamps don't produce unlimited pieces of each model to flood the market and sell them dirt cheap later as Autoart would.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
I think Minichamps did a good job on the BSG Vanquish and F150. :drool
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ApeGen said:
The E46 M3 GTR is one of the best detailed model i have in my collection. I am no expert on high end detailed diecasts.. but in my opinion, the M3 GTR worth every dime.
:iagree The M3 GTR is worth every penny as are most of the M3 and Sierra DTM cars. What I like about the Minichamps's is how solid and heavy they are compared to AUTOart which feels quite flimsy. Also, Minichamps makes cars nobody else would dare to make in fear of limited appeal - slow sales. I'm not saying that everything Minichamps makes is perfect, just that the models I'm interested in are second to none. When AUTOart releases their M3 DTM racers, we'll get a very good idea how they stack up.

When I have a choice to buy a model from Kyo, AUTOart or Minichamps, I always go for the Minichamps first. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Minichamps M3 E46 GTR IS WORTH THE MONEY,I COLLECT ONLY MUSCLECARS AND HOT RODS. THIS A CAR THAT REALLY DOESNT FIT INTO MY COLLECTION, BUT I BOUGHT IT FOR THE EXCELLANT DETAIL WORK , AND THIS CAR IS A HEAVY DIECAST. I WILL COMPARE IT TO LANE OR GMP. THESE CARS ARE VERY HARD TO FIND, SO IF HAVE THE CHANCE TO GET ONE DO IT.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top