DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not to worried about which one I end up buying but is there a any difference between the Porsche 935 and 935 Turbo? Is there different vent placements or engine detail noticable? Or does everything look the same? Or is there even a non turbo version, and their both considered Turbo? Or is it just a window tint and name? Thanks for help. Just waning to find some information.

·
Registered
313 Posts
All I know is that I want 1:18 935/78, better known as the "Moby Dick".
Sorry I couldn't be much helpful :giggle

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, all of the 930 series were turbos. The 930 was the street version, The 934, which appeared mostly similar to the 930 was the Group 4 version, and the 935 was the Group 5 version. Taking advantage of the rulebook, which stated "fender shape is optional" allowed the designers to replace the flared fenders with the huge fender extensions and add the sloped nose.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Bernard, all 1:1 935s were turbocharged. In some you could even control the level of boost from the cockpit.l

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
That time versions of 911 with turbo engine had internal designation 930 (street legal car), like todays 997 or previous 996, 993, 964, ... Official name of the car is Porsche 911 Turbo. As mentioned before, there were several racing versions of 930 with respect to several racing rules.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.