DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
G

·
To be honest, that's why I avoided the Bburago 348 "challenge" and LeMans cars for so long, until I needed them to fill ouy the collection. They in no way represent any real race cars.

G

·
I buy them if they're cheap, since I got the 348 and F40 "race" cars all for under $10-15. If I was getting charged a premium for them, I'd leave them be. I'm not paying goofy money for a poorly done incorrect car.

G

·
As usual they take the cheap way out of replicating... :ranting At least there is still UT which can properly replicate Porsche 993 racecars.

G

·
Stop teasing Bburago, they cost less and I think they have a different target audience. To me they were the important transition between toys and models.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Great Googly Moogly! How do I hate Bburago? Let me count the ways...*my calculator blows up*

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, LUW. :crying

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Very Lucky Boy said:
Stop teasing Bburago, they cost less and I think they have a different target audience. To me they were the important transition between toys and models.
:iagree :iagree :iagree
And another point, important point :
Bburago was one of the first die cast models at the market.
And until today, nobody makes the 62 Ferrari GTO, and many others that was produced by Bburago since ....a long time ago!!!

G

·
:iagree Bburago caters to a different market segment than most of us here are in. I don't think they're trying to fool anyone with anything. Their products were probably meant for kids to play with rather than for adults to collect. I for one appreciate them for what they are. If Bburago didn't exist, I don't think I would be sitting here talking about die-casts.

·
Registered
994 Posts
:iagree True, they don't update their cars into race cars very often, but I grew up with Bburago and I still like them for the models they make. :danbanna It's just pity they don't use their innovative spring-loaded hinges anymore, they were the first to use those if I recall correctly :confused

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Of course I can appreciate they're historic value. But they still stink. It would cost them the same to make the right Porsche, but they prefer not to because afterall "they're just toys". BUT, a child would be happy the same with the right Porsche. And so would I to a point that I would even buy the car instead of bad-mouthing them here.

G

·
LUW said:
Of course I can appreciate they're historic value. But they still stink. It would cost them the same to make the right Porsche, but they prefer not to because afterall "they're just toys". BUT, a child would be happy the same with the right Porsche. And so would I to a point that I would even buy the car instead of bad-mouthing them here.
I see your point, but a child wouldn't really notice those differences and by missing out certain details they last longer. A child would wreck an auto art in 5 seconds flat but a Bburago would last a lot longer, all mine are still with me on display today.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Again, a child would wreck a 911 Carrera as easily as a GT2, since it has the same parts to break off (different style of course) so I can't see that as an excuse.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.