DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at last i have managed to take some photos of model's i bought neally 1 month ago.

Here we have a IXO Aston-Martin DBR-9.
Built as something as a dress rehearsel for the upcoming 24 hours at Le-Mans, Prodrive fielded 2 of its new Aston-Martin DBR-9's in the silverstone round of the European GT Championship in May.
The No29 car af Peter Kox and Pedro Lamy started second on the grid behind its sister car of David Brabham and Darren Turner.
A poor start saw them drop back to fourth but slick pit stop's elevated them back to second behind their team-mates as they entered the final stint of the three hour race, Lamypulled off a dramatic pass on Turner to secure victory by just 2 seconds after 134 laps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The second is the No59 entrant in the Le-Mans 2005

With Aston having betten the Corvette's on their home turf at Sebring, and taken on the European regulars at Silverstone, Le-Mans was looking like aston-Martin may walk away with GT-1 victory, testing and qualifying proved that they were certainly miles faster than their American rivals.
Come the race itself it was hard to pick a winner, the No59 car suffered time delays with drive through penalties.
Nearing race end, Aston were infront, but only just, then al of a sudden both cars suffered problems within 3 minutes of each other, the No58 car had ran out of fuel, while No59 suffered from overheating, eventually limping home 9th (3rd In class), unfortunatly Sebring 2005 is so-far the only time AMR has betten the Corvette's, :hope that will soon change.

Notice the sponsor's here.

The pair side by side. (See if you can spot the mold differences)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like the packaging these come in - 1:43 seems to be a dangerous scale, so I am not looking to hard :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rear wing is also different. I bought the 59LM in the clamshell and think that IXO has done an outstanding job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.