DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am in the process of attempting my first mod.I bought a Jada Skyline cheap and I am simply giving the whole thing a new paint job including the alloys,engine bay and interior.I shall post some 'work in progress pics soon.
So far I have pulled the whole thing apart(<no profanity> of a time getting the windows out I can tell u!) and re-sprayed the entire thing
I sprayed it gold and once that was dry I sprayed it red and I am very pleased with the result.It's a really nice deep metallic red almost verging on candy apple.
The interior and engine are at present still in gold as are the alloys.
I am unsure as to what to do with the interior,probably red and maybe black.Alloys will remain gold.
What's the best paint to use on the interior guys?Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
As I said,I will take some pics tonight and post them so u can all see what I'm talking about.Trust me,it doesnt look as 'blingy' as it sounds :lol
Cheers,
Tony.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Tony, sounds like things are coming along nicely. I reckon hobby paints would be your best bet, something like Tamiya paints that you use on plastic kits. That should bond nicely with the interior plastics if you paint them with a fine brush. :cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looking good there Tony, have you decided what you're gonna do with the interior yet?

Julza :cheers

P.S. I can see all your commodore collection in the background. Got any pics?
:giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes I can see a biante 99 bathurst winner... and what could possibly be a Kmart car in the blue box, the silver box I am guessing is the classics 1:43 scale 99 bathurst winner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well spotted guys.The one on the right is indeed the Classics 1999 winner in 1/43 and the box on the left is the same car by Biante in 1/18.
Most of my 1/18's are in my webshots album here - http://community.webshots.com/user/vxfan
Still have a few that I havent got around to photographing yet.
Still undecided about the interior of the skyline,although red and black or red an gold are my preferences at the moment.
I have pics of my display set-up on my pc at work so I can post those tomorrow if u like.
Cheers guys,thanks for looking.
Tony.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Display pics are now in the members spotlight thread.These pics are also now in my webshots album.
Cheers :cheers
Tony.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Updated pics of my Jada Skyline can now be viewed here
http://community.webshots.com/album/507321493WxZinO
Not entirely happy with the job but it is my first attempt so I am still learning.I think it's certainly different from the plain black anyway.
By the way,that horrible 'night kids' decal is going,just havent got around to removing it yet.
:cheers
Tony.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

is that the jada inital D R33 skyline? or is that another brand?
also is the inital D R33 1:18? and is it eazy to pull apart?

i am thinking of buying 1 and adding my own touches on it like body kit and stuff
also do the boot, doors and bonnet open? and if so is there high detail in them? or not much..

cheers

ben

·
Registered
90 Posts
G'day Ben, yes that is the Jada Initial D skyline. You can get the R32 skyline GTR in both 1:24 and 1:18 scales, and I think you're best bet is Kmart or somewhere similar to get one. Hope this helps :cheers

Julza

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
julza do u know if the interior from a inital D skyline would fit into a autoart racing r33 or r32 racing skyline? or if the interior from the R34 would fit in the r32 or r33 skyline racing car?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.