DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the TVR Sagaris by Jadi.

Not so long ago if we wanted a 1:18 TVR we had to buy the frankly rubbish Hotwheels Speed 12, but not anymore
All of a sudden it seems there has being a real explosion in TVR's in 1:18, first Jadi gave us the Tuscan S, then they gave us this Sagaris and Jadi also have a Cerbera in the pipe line and its not just Jadi, SunStar have a Tuscan II ready to be launched.

For now though the newest TVR is the Sagaris and here it is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

The only real problem with this model is that this is all there is to see of the engine through these opening vents on the bonnet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Sid: Whats the matter?
Vince: Im not to sure about driving this mate.
Sid: Why not, you have driven cars alot faster and/or scitish than this.
Vince: I know but remember when i tested the Tuscan i neally had a massive crash into the living room Coffee table.
Sid: Thats because MrV's Cat neally had us 2 for dinner when it pounced at us.
Vince: Oh yeh.

Sid: Certainly practical enough though

After seeing the finished product for the first time i noticed that the slashes over the front wheels were missing the vents in them and Jadi made a bad mistake missing them out but i found out sometime after that it was actually correct, and here's Sid to tell us why.

Sid: Now on the Prototype Sagaris these Slashes had vents, there were holes in them, but when TVR tested the car out they found that mud and stones from the road were picked up by the tyres, tucked up through the holes and onto the windscreen, so TVR took the car back to the drawing board and filled the holes in.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The reason is that you see exactly the same thing on the 1:1 version.

Like the Tuscan, you can't access the engine without having to take the car to the dealership for dissembling the front of the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh man...

I ordered this model, didn't know the hood was sealed, otherwise I would have skipped it all together.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Still....it's a very nice model. Jadi did a great job....just like on the Tuscan S.

I knew it was a sealed hood before the model came out just like on the 1:1 car. So in that matter, it didn't bother me at all. Otherwise, it wouldn't be an exact replica..... not like those new AUTOart's.

But I sure that, once you'll have it in your hands, you won't regret it at all.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah, sealed or not, I would have still gotten it. To be 100% correct, it had to be sealed.

I think you can thank the sudden growth in interest of TVR's to that movie with John Travolta, Hugh Jackman, and Halle Berry, called Swordfish. In it, Travolta's character Gabriel Shear drives a TVR Tuscan Speed 6, in Cameleon Green Flip Flop paint. The film was okay for a action movie. I liked it, though it got panned by the critics, (what action movie doesn't), and once it got out that a TVR was in the USA for a movie, all the major automotive publications did stories of the car. Once that happened, and people saw how different the car was, and learned more about this little U.K. car company, TVR was more known, especially in the US.

I know for sure, that after I saw the Tuscan in that movie, I was BEGGING for a company to make a diecast in that car. We got our wish from Jadi, and they seem to want to continue the trend with other TVR models. I for one, will collect AT LEAST one color of each TVR model they come out with. For the money, you can't go wrong with that company. Way to go Jadi, for giving the diecast hobby something different :cheers .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts