DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This baby is made by Minichamps. What has always caught my eye about these Jags is the brilliant green on it. The paint on this car is absolutely phenomenal. I'm very glad I didn't go the cheap route and get the Hot Wheels version of this car.

I love the jaguar outlined in silver

What beautiful OZ rims

Front view

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LUW said:
It's a really gorgeous model Felix!
I don't dare walk that path! :giggle
But there have been so many Brazilian F1 drivers (and still are MANY today!!) :tempted :tempted

Hey, woohoo Rubino!!!! :happy :happy It's so nice to see him win an F1 race. What better place than at Monza. Trivia tidbit: Did you know he speaks 5 languages?! Amazing!

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I don't like him very much (as racer, that is). I don't think he has what it takes to be a champion. M. Schummacher saying yesterday that he would help Rubens out to be vice-champion was down right embarassing.

I stopped following F1 when Sena died and I didn't miss much. Schummacher is good, too good in fact, with a mechanical precision that it has become boring. And Rubens, geez, what good things can you say about him? He's a nice guy (nicer then Schummy), but he plain sucks as a pilot. If hadn't a strong car like Ferrari you wouldn't even hear his name during the races.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LUW said:
I don't like him very much (as racer, that is). I don't think he has what it takes to be a champion. M. Schummacher saying yesterday that he would help Rubens out to be vice-champion was down right embarassing.

I stopped following F1 when Sena died and I didn't miss much. Schummacher is good, too good in fact, with a mechanical precision that it has become boring. And Rubens, geez, what good things can you say about him? He's a nice guy (nicer then Schummy), but he plain sucks as a pilot. If hadn't a strong car like Ferrari you wouldn't even hear his name during the races.
Yeah, I can't say watching Rubens race instills excitement. Then again, I guess it would be the case with pretty much anyone who's in Schumi's shadow. There's only the odd one or two drivers I like watching on F1. Alonso is very talented, Montoya & Sato pretty ballsy and daring when it comes to passing. I hope Mercedes can get their cars reliable enough that Kimi can have a stroung showing next year.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skyliner said:
Cool model Felix! Minichamps did a great job with modern F1 car models!

Pitty that we won't see Jaguar F1 Team after this season anymore.
Thanks Skyliner. I'm restricting myself to no more than one F1 model of from each team (i.e. Ferrari, Mercedes McLaren, Jag, etc.) Otherwise, I have a loooong slippery slope to slide down and I just cannot afford that. Minichamps models are drop-dead gorgeous!!! :drool :drool

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
DanielB said:
Been looking for good pics like these of this model for a long time - amazing quality on both the car, and the photos. Thanks. :)
I guess you got lucky Dan. :lol I'm glad my pics did the Minichamps Jag justice. It really is a pretty car. :cheers

R-GUNZ & Darrick: Thanks for the compliments guys. :cheers

G

·
Gorgeous model, and equally nice pictures of the "career killer jag". I feel for Justin Wilson. I think he was much better driver than what that call allowed him to show. Nevertheless, a great model by Minichamps. Still, I would get the Mattel model as I would for the McLaren MP-4 cars.

I disagree with some of you about Rubinho. His job at Ferrari has alway been as a support driver for MS, and he has the perfect personality for that (no dignity or pride, I would say). Ithink he is a great driver, and if it wasn't for MS, he would be a champion. I think he is better than most drivers out there, except maybe Kimi Raikkonen, JB or even Alonso.

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Rubens is a great driver, but no matter how much he denies it, he's number 2 for as long as Schumi is there to be number 1. It was good times seeing him win again, becoming only the 4th driver to win a race this year. At the same time it is disturbing to see Rubens winning a race at this point of the season by being 'allowed' to race to full potential.

Schumi is amazing, and with Ferrari, they make a killer combo. The media makes it seem as if it all revolves around the two making everything unfair for everybody else. Large car manufacturers like Toyota, Honda, BMW, Daimler Chrysler (McLaren-Mercedes) and the outgoing Jaguar (Ford) should definitely be able to give Ferrari better fights but they allow all kinds of compromise, and politics (F1 drivers and their egos) to get in the way.

With the way things are going, I can't see F1 being as popular as it once was, no matter how many changes the FIA decides to come up with.

:mine

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
That is a beautiful piece, SM. :cheers

If I ever succumbed to F1 fever, this would be one of the first cars I'd get. :nutkick

G

·
Great shots Felix!!! :nicejob :tongue :nicejob :tongue
I was about to give thumbsup to Hotwheels for doing a great job... :giggle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts